Dear BA Families:
Happy Easter! We hope that this Easter weekend brings your family great joy and hope. As you prepare for the Easter celebration, please see below for a few announcements and reminders for your family from BA faculty. I also wanted to let you know that I have been diagnosed with breast cancer and will be out for surgery April 6-April 16 and working from home April 19-May 14. I expect to return in-person by May 17, just in time for our end of year events and graduation. I appreciate your prayers during this time. John Wollersheim will be back full-time in the building during my recovery.
Don't miss BABS - DENIM & DIAMONDS, April 10, 2021! Please purchase your raffle tickets here and admissions ticket here -you can also stop in the front office for both. We also invite you to donate here, support this year's Fund-A-Need and plan to bid on our fabulous live and silent auction items! Watch for (and share!) our posts on our Facebook page as we add new items. Check out our BABS webpage for all the details, including admissions and sponsors to date! WE ESPECIALLY NEED:
- VOLUNTEERS!! Free event admission if you sign up here to help.
- Wine, beer, or soda (new unopened bottles) for the Ring Toss!
- Gift cards for the "Pick a Pocket" game
PROM: Prom is scheduled for May 1, 2021. Students in 11th and 12th grade are invited and may invite an outside guest. Attendees should plan to wear masks for most of the evening. Students and guests are invited to Derham Farm at 3pm for pictures. Grand March will be held at 5pm in the BA gym. BA senior prom attendees are allowed 4 guests each and each BA junior attendee will get two guests for the Grand March. It will be live streamed. Prom will be hosted in our gymnasium, with the dinner (all-you-can-eat wood fired food truck) beginning at 6pm, and the dance running from 7-10:30pm. The dance portion of the evening will be limited with creative measures in place to mitigate exposure, as per MDH guidelines. Prom tickets will be sold during high school lunches after Easter. An after prom party is currently being coordinated by junior and senior parents with more details to come.
- April 2: NO SCHOOL/Good Friday
- April 5: NO SCHOOL/Easter Monday
- April 6:
- Red Cross Blood Drive @ BA. See info below.
- Aspire Test for 9th Grade at BA (Breakfast 7:30-8:00am) See more information below.
- Student summer worker deadline. See info below.
- April 7: BABS Silent Auction bidding opens. Click here!
- April 8: Aspire Test for 10th Grade at BA (Breakfast 7:30-8)
- April 9: HS Mass
- April 10: BABS Denim & Diamonds, find info here
- 2021-22 TADS Financial Aid updates: We are still accepting applications for tuition assistance. We will begin working on awards following the Easter break, so be sure to take advantage of our needs-based scholarship program and apply ASAP using this link: financial aid app. Please respond to any emails from TADS requesting documents or additional information as we cannot review/assess incomplete applications. Contact Kris Sauer if you need assistance with this process.
- REMINDER: All new and returning students who have completed enrollment in FACTS by Thursday, April 1 will be eligible for a $200 Amazon gift card drawing! If you haven't already, follow the link from Faribault Catholic Schools/FACTS to finish this today.
BA Annual Fund: THANK YOU-what a blessing! We are at $244,545 - 98% of our goal of $250,000. Gifts to the annual fund can be sent through June 30, 2021 - perhaps we will surpass our goal thanks to prayers and support this year!
COVID UPDATES: At this time, we have 1 additional positive case among school students and/or staff. Any confirmed or exposed school members are quarantined. All interested staff have received the vaccine. We will continue to follow safety protocols including spacing, mask wearing, ventilation and cleaning as well as the 10 day quarantine. We will be evaluating any updates from MDH and the CDC for implementation after Easter.
- Family vaccine connector: If you or anyone in your family is interested in receiving a vaccine, please sign up at the State of MN's Vaccine Connector, a tool that helps Minnesotans find out when, where, and how to get a COVID-19 vaccine. Sign up here.
- COVID Tests recommended: The Minnesota High School League and Health Department is recommending testing for students if they have symptoms. They are offering free tests and families may receive them at home. Click here to get your free test.
- Free Mental Health Resources available to Families: The Rice County Trauma Project has partnered with Advanced Trauma Consulting to create a short video series addressing grief, loss and pandemic trauma. You'll find the toolkit HERE.
Please continue to pray for Ella Banon, younger sister to one of BA's 8th grade students, Barak Barner. Your prayers and support are asked for by the family. Fiind Ella's GoFundMe page at this link. Ella Strong t-shirts may also be ordered here.
Mindy Reeder, President/Principal
Spring sport activity fees may be paid online or by sending a check to the school office. The activity fee for baseball, fastpitch softball, golf and track & field is $135 per participant. The $165 fee for trap shooting may also be paid online or by sending a check to the school office.
Student Summer Workers NEEDED!! Sign Up By April 6
Our summer student work program is back! Interested high school students (grades 9-12 in 2021-22) are encouraged to apply. Please call the BA office @ 334-3948 or email Barb Johnson with the names of your students. Studens are guaranteed 2 weeks and will work at both BA & DMCS under the direction of Head Custodian Steve Zabel. Hired students may be asked to work additional weeks. The hourly wage is $8.21/hour. All earnings will be credited to their tuition account. Requests for summer work must be submitted by Tuesday, April 6, 2021.
Student Council Blood Drive April 6
BA's Student Council is hosting an American Red Cross blood drive at BA on Tuesday, April 6 (Red Day). Interested parents and students should use this link to sign up and then click on Bethlehem Academy on the left. Spots are filling up fast! If you are 17 years old or older, you are eligible to donate. If you are 16, you can donate with parent permission. See this page for more information about donating and eligibility requirements. FYI that donors will need a picture ID with you on April 6 (driver’s license, BA student ID). Thank you!
Face masks and BA Car Clings Available for Sale
We are now selling BA face masks and car clings in the BA Front Office! Click here for more information. Send in payment (cash or check made out to BA) with your order to Tammy in the front office or email Tammy with any questions.
HIGH SCHOOL UPDATES
GRADE 9/10: ACT ASPIRE TEST INFO
On April 6 (Grade 9) and April 8 (Grade 10) your child will be taking ACT® Aspire® assessments. The valuable data we gain from these assessments allows us to make evidence-based decisions when addressing your child’s strengths, areas for improvement, and growth potential. This can give you an early indication of his or her likely readiness for the future, providing time to address areas where improvement is needed. We will be administering the ACT Aspire Summative assessment to continue charting your child’s progress year-over-year. Measuring academic growth is necessary to keep your child on track for college and career readiness. The test is aligned with the ACT, the most popular college entrance test in the United States. It will allow us to adjust curriculum and instruction as needed, to help maximize your child’s ACT performance in the coming years. We ask you to encourage your child to do their best and get plenty of sleep the night before. To learn more about the test, visit www.act.org/actaspire.
GRADE 10/11: PSEO Update
PSEO Student Registration: Deadline May 31st, no exceptions. More information about what PSEO is can be found here on the BA website. If your student is interested in PSEO, they must set up an appointment with Ms. Rogers to discuss their options; apply to their selected college’s PSEO program; email Ms. Rogers a completed Notice of Student Registration form and a transcript request, OR meet with Ms. Rogers a second time. If emailed, must be sent before noon on 05/31.
JUNIORS: Upcoming ACT Test Dates
Register here! for the June 12 exam (sign up deadline: May 7; late signup deadline: May 21).
College Visit Info
Virtual College Night Event Week of April 19
BA Students have been invited to a Virtual college night event! With the ongoing challenges of holding in-person College Fairs, the school/college counseling staff from Catholic high schools in the metro area have teamed up to deliver exciting programming for students and families the week of April 19, 2021. These events will include live, virtual sessions with admission representatives from a variety of colleges and universities with a different theme each night. Sessions will begin at 6:30 p.m. with recordings available later. Registration for these events is free, yet necessary to secure a spot, due to limited capacity.
SENIORS: Open Campus
Open campus for seniors in good standing begins today and is offered every Friday through April 30. Daily open campus begins Monday, May 3rd. Seniors may only leave campus during a scheduled lunch or study hall. Signed parent permission is required and students must sign in and out in the front office.
DIVINE MERCY CATHOLIC CHURCH (DMCC) & SCHOOL (DMCS) UPDATES
Guatemala Mission Trip Info Night April 19
Interested high school students and their parents should plan to attend this introductory session held April 19 at 6pm in the St. Faustina Commons. See attached flyer for more information. Email Anna at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
|<< Previous post||Next post >>|