May 21, 2021
Dear BA Families:
The final weeks of May are slipping past quickly. The rain showered our events this week, but Baby Animal Day endured thanks to the diligence of Ms. Story and her FFA members. Home & School celebrated our students with ice cream on the Back 40, a welcome treat. Our seniors began their finals and preparations for graduation next Friday, May 28, 2021 - join us in-person or online to salute our graduating class of 2021!!
SUPPORT STAFF NEEDED! We are hiring! Specifically, we are looking for a high school academic support staff to join our team. Are you good at helping scholars stay on task and giving them homework support? Are you looking for a part-time position? Do you have a heart for students who struggle? We also have coaching positions open, a summer student maintenance coordinator, and some teaching positions. Check out our posting and apply! All of our openings are on our website: https://www.bacards.org/page/3033/categories/13.
CELEBRATE OUR RETIRING STAFF! This June we are honoring three departing staff members -Scot Gardner & Eileen Kriechbaum who are retiring - and Tracy Meschke who is departing for other opportunities. Please celebrate with us and send cards and notes. A special additional event is also planned for Scot Gardner with his family on June 12 at BA.
- May 24-25: Senior Exams, Periods 1-3
- May 26: Mary Ceremony, 1pm: All school, 4 guests/senior - This event will end between 2:30 - 3 p.m. and students can go home at this time. Regular bus and BA van schedule. Watch the Mary Ceremony on Facebook or YouTube.
- May 26: Baccalaureate, 7:30pm: All are welcome
- May 27: Awards Day, 9am: All school, 4 guests/senior. Gr 6-11 dismissed approximately 11:15am, no lunch served. Regular Faribault bus schedule, BA Van departs at 11am. Watch on Facebook or YouTube.
- May 27: PSEO registration deadline-see below for more info
- May 28: Commencement, 7:30pm: All are welcome. Watch on Facebook or YouTube.
- May 29: Yearbook order deadline
- May 31: Memorial Day - NO SCHOOL
- June 1-2: High School Final Exams, no early release for MS or HS
- June 2: Last Day of School, regular dismissal
- June 12: Scot Gardner retirement celebrated hosted by the Gardner Family and BA; 12-2pm, BA Back 40
- June 19: Heritage Days Parade - Families, join us to celebrate Faribault Catholic Schools!
- Annual Fund: We remain at 99% of our goal of $250,000 with now less than $3,000 to raise before June 30, 2021, in order to reach this goal. Please share the news and support the mission of BA!
- BABS Fund-A-Need: Thank you for the amazing support, we are nearly to our goal of $84,000 to purchase security cameras and updated classroom SMART boards.
- Cardinal Club Raffle: We will be mailing out invitations to purchase raffle tickets for our Cardinal Club Raffle. Join the fun and support BA as summer begins!
- BA Fair Stand: We need your support at the Rice County Fair. We hope to have a coordinator to manage the stand, but mark your calendars to volunteer - July 22-25, 2021. Shifts and a sign up genius will be announced. We are asking EVERY STUDENT AND FAMILY TO TAKE A SHIFT IN ORDER TO MEET OUR BUDGETARY NEEDS. Thank you!
- Summer Events: Join us at our summer events - the BA Smart Ride and BA Golf Classic. See details below.
- 2021-22 Tuition Agreements Sent: Financial aid has been awarded and tuition agreements have been sent. Contact Kris Sauer or Sister Mary Margaret if you have questions or concerns regarding your agreement.
FINISHING THE YEAR STRONG/COVID & MASK UPDATES: YES - Schools have to still require students and staff to wear masks when inside. The recent announcements by the CDC and Governor Walz regarding lifting the mask mandates specifically excludes schools.
“Minnesota’s Safe Learning Plan, along with the existing face covering guidance for schools and child care settings, remain in effect. Through the end of the 2020-21 school year (last teacher contact day), masks must continue to be worn by everyone inside school buildings or on a school bus.”
We understand that this is frustrating and thank you for understanding that in order to remain open, our school, and all schools, will need to continue with our existing mask wearing policy for all students and staff when inside the building. We will keep you updated should that policy change. The Archdiocese recommends that you contact your elected officials with your frustration regarding this mandate for schools.
At this time, we have no new positive cases among school students and/or staff and no one is quarantining. Please see links to additional COVID resources below:
- MDH Home Screening Tool for COVID Symptoms
- Rice County COVID-19 Testing Resources
- Rice County COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Rice County Free Mental Health Resources
Please pray and join in on the 5K run Sat May 22 for Ella Banon, younger sister to BA 8th grader Barak Barner who is recovering with cancer. The link to participate or donate is here: https://g.co/kgs/eXTQqb
Order your 2020-2021 YEARBOOK
Have you ordered a yearbook for the 2020-2021 school year? Cost is $65. Order yours by the May 29 deadline - see the attached form or order online here. Contact Mr. Zabel if you have any questions.
See attached for next year's BA/DMCS school calendar.
Host Family Needed for 2021-22
Host family needed for KoAm-sponsored Jiyun (8th grade female from South Korea), arriving next fall. Great cultural exchange, monthly stipend & support provided. Jiyun is sociable, empathetic, proactive, and responsible. She wants to become a good college student with good English skills. Jiyun has a younger brother and loves school, friends, and music. She is excited to come to America and study at BA! Contact Kris Sauer if interested in this great opportunity.
NOTE FROM THE NURSE’S OFFICE: Required Immunizations
All students who will be in 7th grade this fall are required by law to have a Tdap (tetanus booster) as well as a meningitis shot. The meningitis shot is the first in a two-shot series which should be completed at 16 years of age. Students who will be in 12th grade are required by law to have a second meningitis shot. Students should have had their first shot in the series before the start of 7th grade. Any students who have conscientious objector forms on file will need to fill out a new form for this fall. If you have any questions or need a conscientious objector form, please contact Mary Herzog in the nurse’s office, 507-334-3948.
Adult 2021 Summer Employment Opportunity
Bethlehem Academy is looking for an energetic adult to help supervise the summer student work program. This student supervisor will work with the students under the direction of the BA maintenance team. The position runs from June 7 to August 13 from 8am-2:30pm with a half hour lunch break. Pay is $12/hour. Contact Steve Zabel at 334-3948 ext. 220 or by email if you or anyone you know may be interested. Position is flexible and may be shared. Deadline to apply is May 24.
BA Employment Opportunities
BA is hiring for a number of positions next year, including an Academic Support High School Position (Part-Time). Send in your resume and two references to email@example.com if interested! Other openings include High School Spanish teacher, and Head Boys Basketball Coach. Find more information on these positions on our website here.
Summer Robotics & Sports Camps @ BA!
All BA/DMCS summer camps are still open - including ROBOTICS and SPORTS!! Options for both high school (robotics, football) and younger students (grades 1-8: robotics, football, basketball, volleyball) available. Click here for information and registration forms for all our summer options!
SMART Ride July 29-31, 2021
Save the date for this summer's SMART ride! Single day biking options available or join all 3 days, with camping at Mankato. This great event raises money for student scholarships! Click here for information on this great event.
Cardinal Golf Classic Aug 6
Registration is now open for the annual Cardinal Golf Classic! This year's event will be held at the Faribault Golf Club Friday, August 6 with a scramble format starting at 1pm. Registration just $100 includes golf, awards dinner, gift and hole contests. Sign up your foursome here today!
Counseling Support: We have learned of a suicide challenges circling social media on TikTok, Twitter and other sites. It involves encouraging teens to engage in "blue whale" and chapstick suicide challenges. Please be sure to talk with your child and be aware of their social media use and accounts. Here are other resources:
Crisis Phone Lines
YouthLine: Text teen2teen to 839863 or call 1-877-968-8491
Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline: call 1-800-422-4453
Crisis Text Line: Text Hello to 741741
Here is a list of suicide warning signs for teens.
Online School Store Now Open!
BA facemasks, car clings and polo shirts are now available for purchase on our online school store. Also available are BABS fixed priced items, including wrought iron planters and messenger bags. Click here to purchase these great items!
Heritage Days Parade June 19
We are looking for student and parent volunteers to be a part of the BA/DMCS parade float in the Heritage Days parade Saturday, June 19 at 6:15pm! This is a fun way to get a jump start your student’s 2021-2-22 service hours. Email Kris if you can participate.
HIGH SCHOOL UPDATES
REMINDER: PSEO 2021-22 Deadline May 27
All students interested in pursuing PSEO next year, 2021-22, MUST: (1) Notify the counselor of their intention/set a meeting with the counselor; and (2) Turn in their Notice of Student Registration 21-22 form to the counseling office BY Thursday, May 27. This deadline important as PSEO student classes may impact how next year's schedule looks for all students. If your student wants to do PSEO, please remind them to turn in this form on time.
JUNIORS: Upcoming ACT Test Dates
Register here! for the June 12 exam. Late signup deadline is TODAY: May 21. Reach out to Ms. Rogers (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
SENIOR MOMS: RSVP for May 27 Lunch
All senior moms invited to the traditional seniors moms-organized lunch following the Awards Day ceremony Thursday, May 27! Lunch starts around 11am at Redemption. Please RSVP your attendance to Kris Shuda at email@example.com so she can forward a head count for this special event.
SENIORS: Grad Party List
A reminder to please email Class of 2021 grad party details (date, time, location, menu) to Barb Johnson for the master class grad party list.
MIDDLE SCHOOL UPDATES
Robotics & Sports Camps @ BA!
Great summer camp options @ BA, including robotics for both middle and high school students (robotics camp flyer attached). Other options include football, girls volleyball and boys and girls basketball camps. Click here for information and registration forms for all our summer options!
DIVINE MERCY CATHOLIC CHURCH (DMCC) & SCHOOL (DMCS) UPDATES
Faribault Golf Course: Kitchen Workers
Faribault Golf Course is seeking 3 part-time line cooks (1-2+ years’ experience) to start the golf season. Pay depends on experience and availability. Call or send resumes to Chef Patty LeBeau at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-701-7190.
Vector Marketing Jobs for Class of 2021
Vector has Customer Sales and Service positions available this summer for seniors. Jobs are flexible full or part time positions. Work from home, $18/hour. For more information or to schedule an interview, please apply online at: www.burnsvillework.com.