Dear BA Families:
Happy FFA Week! FFA Members celebrated with donuts for staff, guessing games with prizes and special daily announcements. It's exciting to see this program develop. Congratulations to all club members. We look forward to "Baby Animal Day" in May!
CONCERT TONIGHT! With all safety protocols in place including "instrument masks" BA will gather tonight to hear our young musicians led by our music directors, Scot Gardner and Cassie Kratt. Please join us online to hear our talented musicians - click here for the link to our YouTube channel.
COVID UPDATES: At this time, we have two new positive cases of school students and/or staff. These people, and any exposed school members, are currently quarantined. Most return on Monday. All interested staff have received the vaccine and Rice County numbers are very low. We will continue to follow safety protocols including spacing, mask wearing, ventilation and cleaning. Plans for BA moving forward:
- March 1: BA returns to a full 5 day week
- Students: Please bring cold lunches through Thursday, March 4. Hot lunch resumes Friday, March 5.
- Online Learners: You will be able to come to school prior or after school for support as well as WIN time on Friday mornings. We would love to have you come back to in-person learning for these last two critical weeks of the quarter. Please notify the office if you are able to join us in person.
- Spring Break Plans: If you are traveling over spring break, please be aware there is no quarantine requirement at this time for travel within the United States (If traveling internationally, see the CDC guidelines.) If upon return your student or anyone in your family is experiencing symptoms, we would ask that you quarantine. As a precaution, you may choose to distance learn for the first three days following spring break to ensure that you do not have symptoms. Please email me with any travel-related distance learning requests.
- Family vaccine connector: If you or anyone in your family is interested in receiving a vaccine, please sign up at the State of MN's Vaccine Connector, a tool that helps Minnesotans find out when, where, and how to get a COVID-19 vaccine. Fill out the form to sign up: https://mn.gov/covid19/vaccine/connector/
BABS - DENIM & DIAMONDS, April 10, 2021: We are presently looking for amazing donations and sponsors for our Silent and Live Auction - please fill out the online form here to donate. Event tickets will be limited this year and Silent & Live Auction bidding will be both in person and online! We need your help to add to some of our baskets and auction items, please consider donating:
- Gas outdoor fireplace
- Wine, beer and/or your favorite mixers
- Gift Cards
- Vacation homes/destinations
- Sports or golfing outings
Schedule for the upcoming three weeks:
- Feb 28, 11am-2pm: BA Open House
- March 1-5: Return to full in-person (no WIN Wednesday)
- March 3: HS Class Registration forms due. See attached for more information.
- March 4: Parent/Teacher Conferences. Sign up here. Sign up will close March 3 at 8 p.m. Zoom links will be provided. Mr. Madden's conferences will be held March 9 from 4:30-8:00pm. Sign up to meet with Mr. Madden here.
- March 4: PSEO/AP/CIS Info Night, 6:30pm
- March 5: MS Mass/HS WIN
- March 8-12: Full in-person (no WIN Wednesday)
- March 11: Student of the Month, 7:30am
- March 11: Final course selection due in PowerSchool
- March 12: HS Mass / MS WIN - LAST DAY OF THE QUARTER
- March 15-19: NO SCHOOL / SPRING BREAK
- 2021-2022 Enrollment-WIN a $200 Gift Card! Re-enroll and register for classes by March 15 to be eligible for a $200 Amazon Gift Card drawing! Please email Kris Sauer with questions.
- Class Registration: BA is expanding course offerings. Students need to register before SPRING BREAK to ensure class options for next year. Some classes have size limits.
- 2021-22 TADS Financial Aid applications still open. Although the deadline to apply for Archdiocesan scholarships has passed, we are still accepting applications for tuition assistance. Be sure to take advantage of our needs-based scholarship program and apply via TADS using this link: financial aid app.
- BA Annual Fund: Our goal is to raise $250,000 by June 30, 2021. As of February 18 we are at $228,993 - 92% of our goal. WE CHALLENGE ALL DONORS TO SHARE THEIR ANNUAL FUND GIFT BY FEB. 28 - WE LOVE BA! We need only an additional $23,857 to reach our goal.
Mindy Reeder, President/Principal
Limited Attendance Open House Feb 28, 11am-2pm
Does your student have a friend interested in BA? Invite them to join us for an Open House Sunday, February 28! Pre-registration required as attendance is limited. Invite families to sign up here to find out what a difference a Cardinal education can make!
Friday Morning Student-led Rosary
Campus Ministry is leading the rosary every Friday during Lent. Please meet in Ms. Shimota's classroom Friday mornings at 7:40am. Rosaries and prayer sheets will be provided. Everyone is welcomed and encouraged to attend!
Toiletry Drive for St. Vincent de Paul
Student Service Club and Student Council are hosting a toiletry drive for St. Vincent de Paul. Items will collected through Spring Break. Students donating items will be eligible for a dress down day pass drawing. Items needed include: shampoo, soap, deodorant, toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc.
Parent/Teacher Conferences March 4
Middle School & High School Conferences will be held virtually on Thursday, March 4, from 4:00-8:00 pm via Zoom. Conferences will be 5 minutes long. Please sign up for a time to meet with your child's teacher and discuss their progress. The following teachers will have conferences from 4:00-6:00pm: Mr. Gary Busse, Mr. Ed Friesen, Mrs. Kris Kohl & Mr. Dave Wollin. The Guidance Counselor, Mrs. Tori Rogers will be available from 4:30-6:30pm. Sign up to discuss your student's progress with teachers at this link. Individual teacher Zoom links will be emailed to parents in time for conferences. NOTE: Mr. Madden's conferences will be held March 9 from 4:30-8:00pm. Sign up to meet with Mr. Madden here.
Face masks and BA Car Clings Available for Sale
We are now selling BA face masks and car clings in the BA Front Office! Click here for more information. Send in payment (cash or check made out to BA) with your order to Tammy in the front office or email Tammy with any questions.
HIGH SCHOOL UPDATES
Cannon River Driving School
Cannon River Driving School will conduct a driver's education class at BA after spring break. This class meets 10 times for 3 hours to meet the 30 hour requirement for classroom instruction. Classes will meet 3pm to 6pm March 22-26 and March 29-April 1 and 8:30am-11:30am on April 2. See attachments below fo registration form.
PSEO/CIS/AP Virtual Info Session March 4, 6:30pm
Guidance Counselor Tori Rogers is hosting a virtual PSEO, CIS, and AP information session for parents of current 10th and 11th grade students from 6:30 to 7:30 PM. This event is intended to address questions about PSEO, CIS, and AP courses, and next steps as your students enter their final two years of high school. General information on each of these programs can be found here on the Counselor's Corner page on the BA website. See attached flyer for info. If you have any questions, please email Ms. Rogers.
SENIORS: Open Campus
Open campus for seniors in good standing will begin following spring break with Fridays only. Full open campus will begin in May. Seniors may only leave campus during a scheduled lunch or study hall. Parent permission is required and students must sign in and out in the front office. Students will be given open campus permission forms in homeroom Friday, March 5.
College Scholarship Opportunities
There are several national and local scholarships available with deadlines in March, including the Schulze Family Foundation Scholarship, Tri-Lakes Sportsman’s Club Scholarship, Faribo 4 Kids Thomas Laughlin Scholarship, Allina Health Orthopedics Sports Medicine Scholarship, and the Steele-Waseca Electric Coop College Scholarship. Have your students check the Scholarships section of Naviance (find video here; find Naviance information on our web page here) or email Ms. Rogers to find out more.
MIDDLE SCHOOL UPDATES
DIVINE MERCY CATHOLIC CHURCH (DMCC) & SCHOOL (DMCS) UPDATES
DMCS Annual Catholic United Financial Raffle to Feb 28
Divine Mercy Catholic School students are selling $5 raffle tickets through Feb 28. Order tickets on their website or contact the school at 507-334-7706 if interested. Thank you for your support of our Catholic schools!
DMCC Youth Ministry Events
Acquire the Fire! Saturday, Feb 27, 3:30-8:30pm
Join us for 4pm Mass with the parish followed by dinner, keynote speaker Joe Roueche, praise and worship, and Adoration. All high school and young adults welcome. Register to attend here.
Taizé Lenten Prayer Service March 3, 6-7 pm, DMCC
Taizé Prayer is a quiet, simple way of prayer designed for people of all Christian traditions. This meditative candlelit service will include simple chants sung repeatedly, rich silence and prayers of praise and intercession. It's the perfect way to uplift your concerns and calm your soul during the Lent season.
High School Prolife Apologetics Night March 10, 7:15-8:30pm
Held in the DMCS Gym, high schoolers are invited to join Emily Albrecht from Equal Rights Institute to learn more about Prolife Apologetics.
High School Spring Break Mission Night, March 17, 6-9pm
Since we aren't able to physically go on a mission trip to Guatemala, we are bringing a little bit a Guatemala right here! Movie night, discussion, prayer and guest speakers. We will also talk about plan for future mission trips. Open to anyone in 8th grade on up. No registration required. Held in the Youth Room of the IC Basement.
More information and programs on the Divine Mercy Catholic Church High School Youth Ministry page at https://www.divinemercy.cc/high-school