July 23, 2021
Dear BA Families:
Student and family volunteer time is needed for the success of BA events - and a rich part of our history. Each year we ask families to give the gift of time, 25 hours of their time, to support the many events, fundraisers, and programs at BA. With the beginning of our fiscal year in July, the Rice County Fair is the first opportunity students and families have to volunteer. If all students and parents signed up for one shift, we would be overwhelmed, but the work load would be easy. Typically our teams or clubs sign up for a time to work together - as we get back into our more "normal" events now that COVID restrictions have lifted, we need everyone to step up. We could really use your support this Saturday or Sunday at the Rice County fair stand - sign up online at: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d4aa5a72ba7fd0-bafood Additional volunteer hours will be available throughout the year as well.
Tracking Volunteer Hours
- Parents: In 2019 we kicked off an online tracking form for parents (which we did not use last year due to COVID limits on events). If you're volunteering at the fair, are part of our School Board or other committees, please track your time and let us know how you like to volunteer. Visit our volunteer page at: https://www.bacards.org/page/3105
- Students: Separately, our students track their volunteer and service hours through a school program called Naviance. This tracking helps them ensure that they've met their volunteer goals for the year, which vary by grade, and will also help remind them of their effort when they apply for scholarships and recognition.
FREE LUNCH in 2021-22: As a carryover of COVID school grants and support, BA will once again be offering free lunches to students. You'll only need to put money into your child's account for those extra helpings and treats that they love!
SUPPORTING THE DMCS "United for our Future." This past weekend I had the opportunity to attend the presentation to build a new school building for DMCS out on the grounds near the church. What a beautiful plan to ensure Catholic education in Faribault for generations! Some might wonder how this connects to BA. Our support in connected in multiple ways. First as united Catholic Schools of Faribault, we grow together and partner in so many ways. Our schools are stronger together and our partnership has endless potential. Second, DMCS is our main feeder school. Third, the new parish hall and school will provide additional opportunities for BA to partner with our parish and school for space, events and sports programs. Please join DMCS in prayers at this point for the success of their Capital Campaign, the future of Faribault Catholic schools.
- July 23-27: Cardinal Cafe at the Rice Count Fair! Sign up HERE to volunteer.
- July 29-31: SMART Ride - Sponsor one of our 10 riders, including Class of 2021 grads Luke Bauer and Isaac Caron!
- August 6: Cardinal Classic Golf Tournament, Faribault Golf Club. Spots are filling fast! Sign up to play, click here.
- August 12: Fall sports meeting, 6:30pm, BA gym
- August 25: Back-to-School Picnic, 5-7pm, BA Back 40
- August 25: New Family Orientation, 6:30pm, BA Cafeteria
- August 26: Student Orientation, 9-11:30am (No Faribault busing; BA Van routes will run)
- August 30: First Day of School! (Faribault busing & BA Van will run)
God bless you during the summer months! Our office will be open from 9am--1pm Monday-Thursday. Stop in and don't forget to remind your students to complete their summer reading!
Blessings, Mindy Reeder
Summer Band Program Starts August 3
Grade 7-12 band students - Mr. Wendt is starting up summer band! Band will practice Tues-Wed from 7-8:30pm the first three weeks of August. Plan to be at BA 7-8:30pm Aug 3-4, Aug 10-11, and Aug 17-18. Watch your email for more information.
Back to School Information: Find back to school information, including school supply lists, summer reading assignments, and other important information on our Back to School page HERE. Our annual summer back to school mailing will be sent early August.
Summer Read Program
Don't forget about your student's summer read! Find the list of books and the handouts on our website at this link.
SMART Ride July 29-31, 2021
Support one of our 10 riders for this 10th anniversary of the SMART Ride! This great event raises money for student scholarships! Riders include current & past parents, alumni (including 2 from the Class of 2021), and friends of BA. Click here to support one of these great riders - every pledge counts!
Cardinal Golf Classic Aug 6
Sign up by Friday, July 30, to join the Aug 6 Cardinal Golf Classic at the Faribault Golf Club. Scramble format starts at 12 noon & spots are filling fast! Sign up your foursome here today!
REMINDER: Required Immunizations
All students who will be in 7th grade this fall are required by law to have a Tdap (tetanus booster) as well as a meningitis shot. The meningitis shot is the first in a two-shot series which should be completed at 16 years of age. Students who will be in 12th grade are required by law to have a second meningitis shot. Students should have had their first shot in the series before the start of 7th grade. Any students who have conscientious objector forms on file will need to fill out a new form for this fall. If you have any questions or need a conscientious objector form, please contact Mary Herzog in the nurse’s office, 507-334-3948.
SCRIP Note Update: BA students and families may participate in the DMCS Scrip program to earn tuition credit. See the attached summer program update for more information.
HIGH SCHOOL UPDATES
1st United Bank Junior Board
Rising 11th and 12th graders are invited to apply for the 1st United Bank Junior Board of Directors. Applications due September 10, 2021. More information attached.
|<< Previous post||Next post >>|