"But Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him,"
Jeremiah 17:7 (Bible verse of the year chosen by Peer Ministry)
September 10, 2021
Dear BA Families:
Today students lived the Pillar of Service as each class went out into the community to serve! We've already received emails and praise from community organizations. I hope we are instilling a love of service to others. As we wrap up our second week of school all students should have their laptops. New this year, students will be accessing their class content and assignments through Schoology, a learning management system now owned by PowerSchool. Scholars can find the link to Schoology in the BA Bookmarks folder in Google Chrome or the bookmarks area of the Cardinal App Store. Parents may still, at this time, check grades utilizing previously created parent PowerSchool accounts. We will soon be rolling out the parent access to Schoology. Watch for more information to come!
- Annual Fund: Bethlehem Academy kicked off our Annual Fund drive this August. Gifts can be made at anytime from now through June 2022. A donor is matching all funds, up to $25,000 if we reach $25,000 from December 31, 2021. Our total goal this year is $255,000. Donate Online (click)
- Spooktacular: Spooktacular is a Halloween-themed 5k run/1-mile walk fundraiser in partnership with Divine Mercy Catholic School (DMCS). Join us for all the fun October 16 and help to raise $4,000 for BA! Registration information coming soon.
- Support our Student Trips: Students traveling to Guatamala are selling coffee, more information below and place your orders HERE.
- Divine Mercy Build Project - United for Our Future: Kicks off officially this weekend. Please prayerfully consider a gift - the stronger DMCS is, the stronger BA will be!
ATHLETICS & ACTIVITIES: Students thrive in athletics and activities. Watching them compete in athletics or excel in their activity is a joy! If your scholar is new to BA, please be sure to scroll to the end of this letter to sign up for athletics and activities. Strong friendships and personal confidence is developed through the additional activities and athletic programs that students become involved with during the school year, so encourage your scholar!
COVID SAFETY PROTOCOLS: BA continues to watch numbers and reports. As of 9/10/21 we have one student with COVID resulted through exposure in athletics. Please review the chart below for our present plan. As a reminder, please keep your scholar home when:
- Exhibiting symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell)
- Someone in your direct family was diagnosed with COVID
- If you are notified that your student was a close contact, but has no symptoms, we ask that they wear a mask and monitor for symptoms. (This is a close contact, not just possible exposure.)
ATHLETIC & ACTIVITY SIGN UP: Please peruse the opportunities listed below for your scholar to get involved in BA programs. NEW THIS YEAR - Knowledge Bowl - Sign up and information is below. Robotics sign up is still open.
UPCOMING EVENTS: Additional activities and sporting events on our school calendar.
- Sept. 17: DRESS DOWN FOR CANCER. ($1/$2 for hats, leggings)
- Sept 18, 1pm: Tackle Cancer home football game
- Sept 18, 4-10pm: DMCC Spiritfest
- Sept. 20-24: MS Map Testing, see attached summary
- Sept 22: MS/HS NET Retreat/Joe Roueche Talk for Parents
- Sept 24: Prom $ Dress Down Day ($1/$2 for hats, leggings)
- Sept 27-Oct 1: Homecoming Week
- Tracking Volunteer Hours - Parents: We are transitioning to a new SignUpGenius-based system, meaning once you sign up & show up to volunteer your hours are logged - you will no longer need to separately record your volunteer time. The volleyball and football sign ups just sent out are included in this, and any hours already logged for this school year will be moved to the new system. More information to follow. Students will still need to log their volunteer hours through their religion classes.
- Parent Special Event - Parish-wide "It's all about the Relationship" by Joe Roueche on Sept. 22 from 7-8:30 p.m in the BA gym. Sign up information HERE.
- Homework Club will run Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 3-4 p.m. with Mrs. Kohl.
Blessings, Mindy Reeder- President/Principal
ALL BA UPDATES
Fall Trap Openings - Sign Up by Sept 13!
We have room for more people on the Fall Trap Team. Please email Coach Rost at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested. Students need to register through the league by September 13th and need to get a code from Coach Rost to sign up.
Student Volunteers Needed at SpiritFest Saturday, September 18!
Many volunteers are needed to help make the Sept 18 Divine Mercy Catholic Church's annual SpiritFest a success. Sign up for a volunteer shift at this link. Hours served are eligible for our family and students' volunteer hours. See attached flyer for more information.
Game Day Volunteers Needed
Our athletics program depends on the helping hands of many volunteer parents and alumni. For football and volleyball, we need adults to help at the admissions table/gate and in the concession stand. Please consider sharing your time and talent with us!
The VOLLEYBALL volunteer sign-up can be found at: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090949a4ac29a4fd0-2021
The FOOTBALL volunteer sign-up can be found at: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090949a4ac29a4fd0-20211
Mask Donations Needed: Our supply of masks to have on hand for students and visitors is almost gone. We could especially use donated boxes of disposable masks. Send in to the front office if you are able to help. Thank you!
Gr 4-12 Robotics Team-Registration still open
Robotics has started but it's not too late to join! Open to students grades 4-12, practices are in the BA Library Mondays and Thursdays from 3-5pm. Program fees are $75 payable to Divine Mercy Catholic School. Find the registration form HERE.
Knowledge Bowl - New Academic Team to BA!
Anyone interested in being part of a Knowledge Bowl team at BA? Knowledge Bowl is a team competition against other schools in which you answer questions about a variety of academic topics. Teams work together to try and answer a question and the first team to buzz in gets a chance to answer the question for a point. Competitions are held at various schools and there is a regional and state tournament competition. We would need students versed in all fields of study, from advanced math and science to English, History, and engineering. If you are interested, contact Dave Wollin at email@example.com.
BA Maintenance Position Available
Bethlehem Academy seeks an energetic individual to join our maintenance team! This team member will work directly with the Maintenance Supervisor in coordinating all care for the facility, from cleaning to repairs and lawn care and snow removal. Required Qualifications: 1st Class Boilers License; Basic knowledge in the following areas: plumbing, electrical and carpentry; Good vision is required in order to read material safety data sheets; Good attendance is required as well as ability to work various shifts; Ability to work extra hours if necessary. Send resume and two references to: Mindy Reeder at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept. 17, 2021.
DMCS Student Job Opportunity
Divine Mercy Catholic School is looking for a responsible 16-18 year old to work in their After Care Program. Available times are 3-5:30pm, schedule is flexible and varies. Contact Ginger Van Hecke at email@example.com if interested.
Online BA School Store!
We have select items available for purchase, either online or in the school office, including Yeti tumblers, Puravida bracelets in BA colors, and polo shirts. See the available items HERE.
HIGH SCHOOL UPDATES
- Spirit Fest-Sept. 18 from 6:15-6:40 p.m.- The BA pep band will be playing for Spirit Fest on Saturday, September 18th on the stage. Please be there at 5:45pm for warm-ups.
Faribault Community Boards-Youth Leadership Positions
Getting involved in the community looks great on your high school resume as you live out the Dominican Pillar of Service! Here are options for volunteer leadership positions – and this will also help you meet your volunteer hour requirements at BA. Click HERE to check out the many options, from the Library Board to the Paradise Center for the Arts. Any students interested in applying can do so at this link: https://forms.gle/LprHkygBabFL5Hnz9
FAITH FORMATION/YOUTH GROUP UPDATES
Registration for Confirmation and Middle School EDGE is closing on Monday, September 13! Students in 8th grade on up can sign up for confirmation. Middle School EDGE is open to students in grades 5-7. If you have a student who still needs to receive their First Communion, please let us know!
Registration link: https://fs22.formsite.com/dmcc/FallFF2021/index.html
Confirmation info: https://www.divinemercy.cc/confirmation-prep
Middle School EDGE info: https://www.divinemercy.cc/middle-school-edge
If you have any questions, please reach out!
- Anna Blessing, Confirmation and High School Youth Ministry, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andrea Gibbs, Middle School EDGE and First Communion, email@example.com
Wed, Sep 22 Faith Formation Kick Off Night! includes:
- Parent Night: It’s all about the Relationship, with guest speaker Joe Roueche, 7-8:30pm BA Gym; Required to attend.
- Middle School NET Retreat: (must be registered for EDGE), 6-9pm DMCS Gym
- High School and Confirmation* NET Retreat: (must be signed up for High School Youth Group or Confirmation), 6-930pm DMCC Church *required for confirmation students
Senior Service Coordinator Position: Neighbors Helping Neighbors
Neighbors Helping Neighbors provide chore services to seniors over 60, and to others with disabilities, to help them remain living independent in their home. We currently have an opening for a part time staff position in Faribault. We are looking for a Rice County community member, passionate about serving seniors and working with volunteers, to help us grow Neighbors Helping Neighbors. The Senior Service Coordinator position is posted on our website HERE. Interested candidates may view the job description and apply directly.
Housekeeping Positions: Neighbors Helping Neighbors
Neighbors Helping Neighbors has part-time Household Helper positions available for anyone 17 or over. Employees assist seniors 60 and over with light housekeeping so they can remain in their home. Flexible days/hours (2-20/week), $12.50/hour. Apply online by clicking HERE.
Click the link below for the calendar.
|<< Previous post||Next post >>|