"But Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him,"
Jeremiah 17:7 (Bible verse of the year chosen by Peer Ministry)
September 17, 2021
Dear BA Families:
Blessed Fall! Our third week of school comes to a close with the blessing of beautiful fall weather to embrace us each day. This Saturday I look forward to seeing you at 1pm for our first home football game, a benefit to "Tackle Cancer," or at Spirit Fest - at Divine Mercy Catholic Church starting with 4pm Mass. Gathering together in support of our students, our parish and our programs is a wonderful way to connect this fall, especially if you are new to our Cardinal community. We also have multiple opportunities for your to volunteer, another great way to meet other parents. Please scroll down to get connected!
TESTING AT BA: Each year our students take part in national assessments. Middle School begins their MAP assessments next week. Be sure they are rested and bring water bottles. High school testing begins with 11th grade taking a practice ACT on Monday, Sept. 27. All testing schedules are available for your review on our website at: TESTING DATES
PLEASE NOTE-NO PM BUSING SEPT 24: Next Friday afternoon, September 24, there will be no public school busing in the afternoon due to Faribault High School's homecoming parade. If your scholar rides the public school bus, please arrange for them to be picked up next Friday afternoon at 2:55pm at BA.
UPDATES ON FUNDRAISERS:
- Annual Fund: Bethlehem Academy kicked off our Annual Fund. Gifts can be made at anytime from now through June 2022. A donor has offered a $25,000 match for all funds raised up to $25,000 through December 31, 2021. Our total goal this year is $255,000. Donate Online (click)
- Spooktacular: Spooktacular is a Halloween-themed 5k run/1-mile walk fundraiser in partnership with Divine Mercy Catholic School (DMCS). Join us for all the fun October 16 and help to us get to our goal to raise $4,000 for BA! Click HERE to register to join the fun!
- Support our Student Trips: Students traveling to Guatemala are selling coffee, more information below and place your orders HERE.
- Divine Mercy Build Project - United for Our Future: Please prayerfully consider a gift, the stronger DMCS, the stronger BA will be!
COVID SAFETY PROTOCOLS: BA continues to watch numbers and reports. As of 9/17/21 we have had one student with COVID resulted through exposure in athletics. Please review the chart below for our present plan. As a reminder, please keep your scholar home when:
- Symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell)
- Someone in your direct family was diagnosed with COVID
- If you are notified that your student was a close contact, but has no symptoms, we ask that they wear a mask and monitor for symptoms. (This is a close contact, not just possible exposure.)
UPCOMING EVENTS: Additional activities and sporting events online.
- Sept 18, 1pm: Tackle Cancer home football game & Parents Night. Find activity information HERE
- Sept 18, 4-10pm: DMCC Spiritfest
- Sept. 20-24: MS Map Testing, more info HERE
- Sept 22: MS/HS NET Retreat & Joe Roueche Talk for Parents
- Sept 24: Prom $ Dress Down Day ($1/$2 for hats, leggings)
- Sept 24: NO FARIBAULT PM BUSING; Faribault Public Schools dismissing early for FHS homecoming parade
- Sept 27-Oct 1: Homecoming Week-more info to follow next week
- Monday: Celebrity Look-Alike Day
- Tuesday: Dress Like Your Parent Day
- Wednesday: Mass Attire / 10:30am Mass
- Thursday: Decade Day / Buddy Day w/DMCS students
- Friday: Cardinal/Spiritwear Day / 12 noon Pepfest/ 1pm Coronation / 1:30pm Parade around block / 2pm Early Release
- Oct 1: 7pm Homecoming football game/ 9:15-midnight Homecoming dance - high school only; mixer, not a formal dance; outside guests allowed but must be registered in front office.
- ATHLETIC & ACTIVITY SIGN UP: Please peruse the opportunities listed below for your scholar to get involved in BA or DMCS cooperative programs. Robotics sign up is still open.
- Parent Special Event - Parish-wide "It's all about the Relationship" by Joe Roueche on Sept. 22 from 7-8:30 p.m in the BA gym. We are asking confirmation parents to attend and encouraging all of our parents to go. Sign up information HERE.
- Homework Club will run Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 3-4 p.m. with Mrs. Kohl.
Blessings, Mindy Reeder- President/Principal
ALL BA UPDATES
2021 HOMECOMING T-SHIRTS!!
BA seniors are selling t-shirts for Homecoming this year! The cost of each shirt is $10, and the amount is due at the time of order. We will be taking orders until 3:00 p.m. on Monday, September 20th. Don’t miss out on your opportunity to support the Cardinals while we “Knock out the Knights.” Click HERE for the order form.
Many volunteers are needed to help make the Sept 18 Divine Mercy Catholic Church's annual SpiritFest a success. Sign up for a volunteer shift at this link. Hours served are eligible for our family and students' volunteer hours. See attached flyer for more information.
Game Day Volunteers Needed
Our athletics program depends on the helping hands of many volunteer parents and alumni. For football and volleyball, we need adults to help at the admissions table/gate and in the concession stand. Please consider sharing your time and talent with us!
The VOLLEYBALL volunteer sign-up can be found at: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090949a4ac29a4fd0-2021
The FOOTBALL volunteer sign-up can be found at: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090949a4ac29a4fd0-20211
Gr 4-12 Robotics Team-Registration still open
Robotics has started but it's not too late to join! Open to students grades 4-12, practices are in the BA Library Mondays and Thursdays from 3-5pm. Program fees are $75 payable to Divine Mercy Catholic School. Find the registration form HERE.
BA Maintenance Position Available
Bethlehem Academy seeks an energetic individual to join our maintenance team! This team member will work directly with the Maintenance Supervisor in coordinating all care for the facility, from cleaning to repairs and lawn care and snow removal. Required Qualifications: 1st Class Boilers License; Basic knowledge in the following areas: plumbing, electrical and carpentry; Good vision is required in order to read material safety data sheets; Good attendance is required as well as ability to work various shifts; Ability to work extra hours if necessary. Send resume and two references to: Mindy Reeder at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept. 24, 2021.
Student Job Opportunity @ DMCS
Divine Mercy Catholic School is looking for a responsible 16-18 year old to work in their After Care Program. Available times are 3-5:30pm, schedule is flexible and varies. Contact Ginger Van Hecke at email@example.com if interested.
Online BA School Store!
We have select items available for purchase, either online or in the school office, including Yeti tumblers, Puravida bracelets in BA colors, and polo shirts. See the available items HERE.
Our laptops are brand new. Please take good care of them!
- Every weekend (Friday or Saturday night before going to bed), plug in the laptop, quit all applications, re-start the laptop and leave the display/lid open. We have a policy to check and install Apple software updates on a weekly basis.
- Use a backpack with a laptop compartment. Be careful to not drop or toss backpack with the laptop in it. Set it down gently! Also, be careful about very full backpacks - set it down to minimize the amount of weight from textbooks and other items on the laptop itself (keep backback vertical).
- A neoprene sleeve can be helpful to provide additional protection for the laptop. Note the laptops are 13" MacBook Airs (2020 M1 models)
- Some people like the clamshells that snap to the laptop. Please note some shells do not meet Apple's specifications completely and can actually add too much weight to the display, stressing the hinges.
- Keep the laptop in a safe, secure location when not using (car trunk, locked locker, etc.).
- Please let Mr. Friesen know of any problems (firstname.lastname@example.org).
HIGH SCHOOL UPDATES
- Spirit Fest-Sept. 18 from 6:15-6:40 p.m.- The BA pep band will be playing for Spirit Fest on Saturday, September 18th on the stage. Please be there at 5:45pm for warm-ups.
6th Grade Basketball
While winter sports registration at Bethlehem Academy will take place later this fall, we want to get an early indication on 6th graders (both girls and boys) who are interested in playing basketball this winter.
Please email by Sept 30th to email@example.com if your 6th grade daughter or son is interested in playing basketball this winter. More details will be forthcoming.
FAITH FORMATION/YOUTH GROUP UPDATES
Wed, Sep 22 Faith Formation Kick Off Night! includes:
- Parent Night: It’s all about the Relationship, with guest speaker Joe Roueche, 7-8:30pm BA Gym;
- Middle School NET Retreat: (must be registered for EDGE), 6-9pm DMCS Gym
- High School and Confirmation* NET Retreat: (must be signed up for High School Youth Group or Confirmation), 6-930pm DMCC Church *required for confirmation students
Click the link below for the calendar.
|<< Previous post||Next post >>|