November 6, 2020
Dear BA Families:
What lovely weather this first week of November! Each day our Peer Ministry class has joined us on morning announcements to lead the prayer for vocations as part of the National Vocations Week. BA is blessed to have 97 graduates follow the call to vocations. We invite you to continue praying for vocations at home, here is a link to the vocations’ prayer: https://www.usccb.org/committees/clergy-consecrated-life-vocations/prayers-vocations
Growing spiritually in our faith is a central to our mission. Each BA staff person and teacher set a spiritual goal this fall. To enrich this goal, professional development and growth opportunities are offered throughout the year. Our staff will be hearing personally from David Rinaldi, a Catholic presenter and NET Ministries program director on Monday during their workshop. I also recently attended the online presentation by Father Spitzer on our Catholic Faith and Science through the Diocese. He is not only motivational, but inspirational in how he shares the beautiful links between science and our faith. I invite you to listen and connect to his teachings online through many videos and resources through the Magi Center and Credible Catholics found here. We would love to also have parents joining in prayer through Adoration in a parents’ prayer group. Please email me if you are interested in helping us start this group! email@example.com.
ELECTION AT BA: BA students voted this week to participate in a mock election. The process, support and promotion of candidates and results were shared with our student body and online. We pray for final election results as we wait.
ANNUAL REPORT: Bethlehem Academy celebrates and shares our progress toward our strategic plan each year through our BA Annual Report. This past year, though challenging, resulted in positive growth in academics and financial stability. Read the report here for the full details about our 2019-20 academic year.
ANNUAL FUND: The Annual Fund helps to bring in over $200,000 each year to support our schools mission. Our goal this year is to raise $250,000. Each gift to our annual fund supports the foundation of our school, providing academic support, expanding new programs and meeting budgetary needs. To date we have raised: $49,092 - 19.6% of goal.
- HELP US REACH OUR MATCH! A donor has stepped up with a $25,000 match by December 31, 2020. Click here to read a copy of our letter and share this link with others at: https://www.bacards.org/page/3044
PACK YOUR LUNCH! Students will need to continue to bring bag lunches, Nov. 10-13, 2020. THANK YOU!
COVID UPDATE: At this time we have three reported COVID 19 cases at BA. Next week is a four day week, so we will continue with in-person learning on those days. On October 27, the Deputy Commissioner of Education issued a letter emphasizing school level approaches. Deputy Commissioner Mueller references Step 5 on page 8 of the Safe Learning Plan which Governor Walz released in late July. This step states, "After the initial selection of a learning model for school opening, the decision to shift to an alternative learning model should center on the impact of COVID-19 at the school level, while maintaining awareness of changes in viral activity in the community through continued review of the biweekly county-level case data." In addition we did update our addendum here. We will meet with all staff on Monday and share any teaching model changes with our families next week. With all of this news, I wanted to share The Catholic Spirit published this wonderful article for prayer at home: https://thecatholicspirit.com/commentary/faith-at-home/teach-us-to-pray-as-stressed-out-parents/
SCHEDULE CHANGE: Christmas Break will be a full two week break to clean our building and allow additional professional development time for our staff. We will be out of school Dec. 21-Jan. 1, 2021.
- Nov 9:No School / Teacher Workday
- Nov 9: Virtual Open House for Prospective Gr 6-12 Students - 6 pm on our Facebook page
- Nov 10: BA School Store Closes for Christmas Orders; reopens in January. Click here to order.
- Nov. 11: Happy Veteran’s Day! A limited program at BA for students will be held.
- Nov. 19: Give to the Max Day - Donate online and share the link-https://www.bacards.org/page/3044
- Nov. 24: Grandparents Day will not be held in person this year. Students will be writing letters to their grandparents, or grandfriends. Please watch for these letters to come home to mail!
- NOv. 25-27: NO SCHOOL - Have a blessed Thanksgiving!
Mindy Reeder, President/Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
Online School Store Order Deadline Nov 10!
***New Items Added*** Be sure to check out the BA school store! New items, including window clings and Under Armour hoodies and fleece pants just added. The store closes November 10 for early December (Christmas!) delivery. Get your order in today. Find the link here.
Virtual Open House November 9, 6pm
We will be hosting an virtual open house Monday, November 9, at 6pm for prospective students in grades 6-12. Please encourage friends and neighbors who might be interested in our authentically Catholic, Dominican prep school to watch live or at their convenience. On campus family tours offered Monday through Friday from 3-6pm. Register for a tour here.
- BABS Committee-We are looking forward to another fantastic BABS event April 10, 2021! BABS (BA Boosters & Supporters) is our biggest fundraising and social event of the year and key to successfully moving BA forward. To make this event a success, we need your help. If you are interested in serving on the BABS Planning Committee, please contact Mrs. Reeder at email@example.com. Thank you!
- Family Service, a non-profit agency that helps seniors with different needs, is seeking volunteers to help senior homeowners in Faribault with fall clean-up. This would include raking, picking up sticks, cleaning out garden beds, etc. Please contact Jennell Loeffler at 507-287-2010 ext. 1082 or firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
- Tutors-Do you have time during the school day? Do you have a math or language arts degree and could support high school students? We are looking for volunteer tutors in several subjects to support our high school students during study hall. You can meet with them virtually during their study hall. Call to learn more: 507.334.3948.
- Masks-Please remind your student(s) of the importance of bringing a mask with them to school every day. They should have extras in their backpack, their locker, and their car. While we have extras available, we have been going through them faster than anticipated. Thank you!
- Donations of masks and hand sanitizer welcome!
HIGH SCHOOL UPDATES
St. Catherine’s University: Weekly Virtual Info Sessions
Junior/Senior girls: The Counseling Center at St. Catherine's University in St Paul is offering weekly virtual group information sessions on Mondays from 3:30-4:00pm. If you are interested in joining, email Anne Moe at email@example.com for a zoom link or with more specific questions as you explore your college options.
DIVINE MERCY CATHOLIC CHURCH & SCHOOL UPDATES
- Middle School Edge/High School Youth Group
Middle School EDGE & High School Youth Group is open to all BA families. This is another great opportunity for your students to gather with others that want to grow in their faith and to enhance what they are learning in the classroom. Registration is required for both. Visit www.divinemercy.cc/faith-formation for more information.
- DMCS Butter Braid Sales: DMCS students are selling butter braids! Order by November 30 for December 15 delivery. If interested, send the attached form and payment in with your student and have them drop it off in the BA Front Office. We will be sure it gets to DMCS by the order deadline.
- DMCS Holiday Scrip: Holiday SCRIP will be sold after all Sunday Masses beginning this weekend. Thank you for your support of the SCRIP program! We will also be selling it out of the DMCS Business Office beginning Tuesday, November 10th!
|<< Previous post||Next post >>|