Dear BA Families:
Our online learning reset was very positive this first week. Thank you for supporting your student and partnering with our teachers to shift to online learning during this reset period. Mr. Wollersheim has reached out to students who missed a class and assisted them. Please remember, our campus is open and we can support your student as needed during this online learning period. Let us know if you plan to come into school. In addition, some teachers will be calling small groups of students to work on art, shop, or other projects at school. In addition, students who missed class or are behind in their work as asked to come in, if possible, on Wednesday, November 18, to receive support. Here is our schedule for next week:
GIVING WEEK AT BA!
- Monday – Nov. 16 – RED DAY
- Tuesday – Nov. 17 – WHITE DAY
- Wednesday – Nov. 18: MASS DAY & WIN-STUDENT SUPPORT DAY (No live classes) THIS IS ALSO OUR NATIONAL ACCREDITATION DAY AT BA! We will have a team at BA reviewing all of our areas for excellence.
- 8:30 a.m. MASS with DMCS online at https://www.facebook.com/divinemercy.cc or if you can come to IC, please do!
- After Mass: If you need support, please email teachers. If you missed class or are behind in assignments, you will be asked to come into school. If you cannot come into school, you will be connected with online. Teachers may also be reaching out to students.
- Thursday – Nov. 19: RED DAY ***GIVE TO THE MAX DAY – Support BA at: https://www.bacards.org/page/3044
- Friday - Nov. 20: WHITE DAY *Normal schedule (NOT a Mass day)
GIVING WEEK AT BA-Nov. 16-20! Please consider a gift to the BA Annual Fund this week, or share the link with friends and family on your social media platforms starting next Monday. We would love to see every parent make a gift of support of any size to our fund and show our parent strength! Our goal this year is to raise $250,000. To date we have raised: $63,831.85 - 25.5% of our goal.
- HELP US REACH OUR MATCH! A donor has stepped up with a $25,000 match by December 31, 2020. Click here to read a copy of our letter and share this link with others at: https://www.bacards.org/page/3044
COVID UPDATE: At this time we have six positive reported COVID 19 cases at BA. Please join me in praying or a quick recovery for our students and staff. With all of this news, I wanted to share The Catholic Spirit published this wonderful article for prayer at home: https://thecatholicspirit.com/commentary/faith-at-home/teach-us-to-pray-as-stressed-out-parents/
- Online Learning Picture Challenge - WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR? Send us your photos by Friday, Nov. 20 to create a Thanksgiving Wall of Blessings! Don’t forget, we will be writing letters to our grandparents this week as we cannot celebrate Grandparents Day together.
KUDOS: Special congratulations this week to our senior football player John Rose, State Farm’s Athlete of the Week and senior swimmer Abby Larson, who on Nov. 11, signed a National Letter of Intent to participate in Division I swimming at the University of St. Thomas next fall.
SCHEDULE CHANGE: Christmas Break will be a full two week break to clean our building and allow additional professional development time for our staff. We will be out of school Dec. 21-Jan. 1, 2021.
- Nov. 16-20-Giving Week and Give to the Max Day, Nov. 19 - Support BA during national Giving Week with a donation online or by sharing this link-https://www.bacards.org/page/3044
- Nov. 24: Grandparents Day will not be held in person this year. Students will be writing letters to their grandparents, or grandfriends. Please watch for these letters to come home and mail or share them with grandparents and special friends!
- Nov. 25-27: NO SCHOOL - Have a blessed Thanksgiving!
- Nov. 30: Return to in-person learning, schedule to be determined.
Please join me in praying for students and families as they recover from COVID. I invite you to also join me during weekly Adoration at any time.
We are close to finalizing this year’s student directory. If you DO NOT want your address and phone numbers included in the directory, please email Barb Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Wednesday, November 18.
- BABS Committee-We are looking forward to another fantastic BABS event April 10, 2021! BABS (BA Boosters & Supporters) is our biggest fundraising and social event of the year and key to successfully moving BA forward. Mrs. Reeder at email@example.com. Our first virtual meeting is Dec 2 at 6pm. Thank you!
Each weekend students should take the following steps to make sure that important software updates are installed on their laptops:
- Plug in laptop
- Quit all applications. (Closing a window does not quit the program on a Mac. Choose quit from the application menu or click & hold mouse over app in the doc and choose quit)
- Re-start laptop and leave lid display open
This weekend there are important updates for Microsoft Office, Google Chrome, Zoom and Safari.
HIGH SCHOOL UPDATES
Class of 2021: College Early Action Deadline 11/15
Reminder: the next round of early action admissions are due November 15. Please remind your seniors to check their college application deadlines, follow up with teachers for letters of recommendation, and with Ms Rogers for your transcript requests!
DIVINE MERCY CATHOLIC CHURCH & SCHOOL UPDATES
- Middle School Edge/High School Youth Group
Middle School EDGE & High School Youth Group is open to all BA families. This is another great opportunity for your students to gather with others that want to grow in their faith and to enhance what they are learning in the classroom. Registration is required for both. Visit www.divinemercy.cc/faith-formation for more information.
- DMCS Butter Braid Sales: DMCS students are selling butter braids! Order by November 30 for December 15 delivery. If interested, send the attached form and payment in with your student and have them drop it off in the BA Front Office. We will be sure it gets to DMCS by the order deadline.
- DMCS Holiday Scrip: Holiday SCRIP is now available. See attached flyer for more information. Holiday SCRIP is also available after all Sunday Masses at Divine Mercy Catholic Church and from the Divine Mercy Catholic School Business Office at 15 SW Third Avenue.
IRIS Turkey Trot: This year’s IRIS Turkey Trot will be held Thursday, November 26th both in person and virtually. See attached flyer for more information and note the November 12 (today) registration deadline for a free t-shirt!
|<< Previous post||Next post >>|