May 14, 2021
Dear BA Families:
We are down to our last three weeks of school. It's been an incredible year! I know that our scholars have sacrificed, our teachers have adapted, and together with the grace of God, we have endured a year of challenges while continuing to follow our mission to provide excellence in Catholic education - "to lead, to serve, to inspire, and to seek the truth - Veritas!" Thank you for your partnership, your feedback throughout the year, and your grace as we traveled the challenges together. As we prepare to celebrate our 2021 graduating class with many of the pandemic restrictions lifted, may prayers find our nation, and our world, healed as summer begins.
I will be back at BA this next Monday, healed from my surgery. My fight with cancer looks positive and many prayers have been answered. I still have a journey ahead of me, but feel ready to return. Thank you again for your support. Over the next few weeks the schedule is packed. Please review the events below. Except for Awards Day, we will not be having any early release dates for 6-11th grade students.
This June we are honoring three staff members who will be retiring-Scot Gardner, Eileen Kriechbaum and Tracy Meschke. Please celebrate with us and send cards and notes. A special additional event is also planned for Scot Gardner with his family on June 12 at BA. While we bless our retiring staff, we also need new team members to carry on the legacy of excellence at BA. Please visit our webpage to share these openings with others: https://www.bacards.org/page/3033/categories/13
- May 17: AP Stats Exam
- May 19: Home and School Ice Cream treats @ lunches
- May 20: FFA - Baby Animal Day
- May 21: HS Mass, Extraordinary Ministers Commissioning
- May 20-21: Regular Class Schedule w/Senior Cardinal Hour Exams
- May 24-25: Senior Exams, Periods 1-3
- May 26: Mary Ceremony, 1pm: All school, 4 guests/senior
- May 26: Baccalaureate, 7:30pm: All welcome
- May 27: Awards Day, 9am: All school, 4 guests/senior, Gr 6-11 dismissed approximately 11:15am, no lunch served
- May 27: PSEO registration deadline-see below for more info
- May 28: Commencement, 7:30pm: All welcome
- May 29: Yearbook order deadline
- May 31: Memorial Day - NO SCHOOL
- June 1-2: High School Final Exams, no early releases
- June 2: Last Day of School
- June 12: Scot Gardner retirement celebrated hosted by the Gardner Family and BA; 12-2pm, BA Back 40.
- Annual Fund: We remain at 99% of our goal of $250,000. We need just under $4,000 before June 30, 2021, to reach this goal. Please share the news and support the mission of BA!
- BABS Fund-A-Need: Thank you for the amazing support, we are nearly to our goal of $84,000 to purchase security cameras and updated classroom SMART boards.
- Cardinal Club Raffle: We will be mailing out invitations to purchase raffle tickets for our Cardinal Club Raffle. Join the fun and support BA as summer begins!
- BA Fair Stand: We are reviewing options for our Fair Stand, see open positions and let us know if interested in supporting us.
- Summer Events: Join us at our summer events - the BA Smart Ride and BA Golf Classic. See the details below.
- 2021-22 Financial Aid Update: Financial aid has been awarded and tuition agreements will be sent soon. If you still need to complete your application, please do so as soon as possible. Contact Kris Sauer if you have questions .
FINISHING THE YEAR STRONG/COVID & MASK UPDATES: With the recent announcements by the CDC and Governor Walz regarding mask wearing for fully vaccinated individuals, we wanted to reach out with the guidance from the MN Department of Education that we are following until updated notice is received:
“The CDC has not yet provided clear guidance for school settings, but has stated that they expect to update guidance for children in school and summer camps soon. Additionally, our youngest Minnesotans remain ineligible for vaccines and eligibility for 12- to 15-year-olds was just announced this week. As a result, Minnesota’s Safe Learning Plan, along with the existing face covering guidance for schools and child care settings, remain in effect. Through the end of the 2020-21 school year (last teacher contact day), masks must continue to be worn by everyone inside school buildings or on a school bus.”
We understand that this is frustrating and thank you for understanding that in order to remain open, our school, and all schools, will need to continue with our existing mask wearing policy for all students and staff when inside the building. We will keep you updated should that policy change.
Continue to support protocols and remain vigilant. Please help us keep students healthy and in school the rest of the year. Remember-
- Stay home if sick; contact the attendance line with info & symptoms;
- We encourage testing OFTEN! See links below. It is encouraged that your student test every two weeks.
- If your student or member of your household is getting tested for COVID due to exposure or symptoms, stay home and isolate until you receive and provide a copy of test results to the office.
- Consistently wear a mask indoors and continue to social distance from others.
At this time, we have no new positive cases among school students and/or staff and no one is quarantining. Please see links to additional COVID resources below:
- MDH Home Screening Tool for COVID Symptoms
- Rice County COVID-19 Testing Resources
- Rice County COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Rice County Free Mental Health Resources
Please pray: For Ella Banon, younger sister to BA 8th grader Barak Barner who is recovering with cancer and students separated from BA this year due to anxiety and illness.
Order your 2020-2021 YEARBOOK
Have you ordered a yearbook for the 2020-2021 school year? Cost is $65. Order yours by the May 29 deadline - see the attached form or order online here. Contact Mr. Zabel if you have any questions.
See attached for next year's BA/DMCS school calendar.
NOTE FROM THE NURSE’S OFFICE: Required Immunizations
All students who will be in 7th grade this fall are required by law to have a Tdap (tetanus booster) as well as a meningitis shot. The meningitis shot is the first in a two-shot series which should be completed at 16 years of age. Students who will be in 12th grade are required by law to have a second meningitis shot. Students should have had their first shot in the series before the start of 7th grade. Any students who have conscientious objector forms on file will need to fill out a new form for this fall. If you have any questions or need a conscientious objector form, please contact Mary Herzog in the nurse’s office, 5078-334-3948.
Fair Stand Manager Needed
BA parent or parent team sought to run the BA Cardinal Cafe fair stand July 21-25, 2021, at the Rice County Fair. Tuition reduction and training from the retiring managers provided. Contact Kris Sauer for more information.
Adult 2021 Summer Employment Opportunity
Bethlehem Academy is looking for an energetic adult to help supervise the summer student work program. This student supervisor will work with the students under the direction of the BA maintenance team. The position runs from June 7 to August 13 from 8am-2:30pm with a half hour lunch break. Pay is $12/hour. Contact Steve Zabel at 334-3948 ext. 220 or by email if you or anyone you know may be interested. Position is flexible and may be shared. Deadline to apply is May 21.
BA Employment Opportunities
BA is hiring for a number of positions next year, including an Academic Support High School Position (Part-Time). Send in your resume and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested! Other openings include High School Spanish teacher, and Head Boys Basketball Coach. Find more information on these positions on our website here.
Summer Camps @ BA!
Boys basketball camps just added to the BA summer offerings. Other options include robotics, football and girls volleyball and basketball camps. Click here for information and registration forms for all our summer options.
SMART Ride July 29-31, 2021
Save the date for this summer's SMART ride! Single day biking options available or join all 3 days, with camping at Mankato. This great event raises money for student scholarships! Registration opening soon.
Cardinal Golf Classic Aug 6
Registration is now open for the annual Cardinal Golf Classic! This year's event will be held at the Faribault Golf Club Friday, August 6 with a scramble format starting at 1pm. Registration just $100 includes golf, awards dinner, gift and hole contests. Sign up your foursome here today!
Counseling Support: We have learned of a suicide challenges circling social media on TikTok, Twitter and other sites. It involves encouraging teens to engage in "blue whale" and chapstick suicide challenges. Please be sure to talk with your child and be aware of their social media use and accounts. Here are other resources:
Crisis Phone Lines
YouthLine: Text teen2teen to 839863 or call 1-877-968-8491
Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline: call 1-800-422-4453
Crisis Text Line: Text Hello to 741741
Here is a list of suicide warning signs for teens.
Online School Store Now Open!
BA facemasks, car clings and polo shirts are now available for purchase on our online school store. Also available are BABS fixed priced items, including wrought iron planters and messenger bags. Click here to purchase these great items!
Heritage Days Parade June 19
We are looking for student and parent volunteers to be a part of the BA/DMCS parade float in the Heritage Days parade Saturday, June 19 at 6:15pm! This is a fun way to get a jump start your student’s 2021-2-22 service hours. Email Kris if you can participate.
HIGH SCHOOL UPDATES
REMINDER: PSEO 2021-22 Deadline May 27
All students interested in pursuing PSEO next year, 2021-22, MUST: (1) Notify the counselor of their intention/set a meeting with the counselor; and (2) Turn in their Notice of Student Registration 21-22 form to the counseling office BY Thursday, May 27. This deadline important as PSEO student classes may impact how next year's schedule looks for all students. If your student wants to do PSEO, please remind them to turn in this form on time.
JUNIORS: Upcoming ACT Test Dates
Register here! for the June 12 exam. Late signup deadline: May 21. Reach out to Ms. Rogers (email@example.com) with questions.
SENIORS: Grad Party List
A reminder to please email Class of 2021 grad party details (date, time, location, menu) to Barb Johnson for the master class grad party list.
MIDDLE SCHOOL UPDATES
DIVINE MERCY CATHOLIC CHURCH (DMCC) & SCHOOL (DMCS) UPDATES
Paradise Center for the Arts Summer Classes
The Paradise Center for the Arts offers a number of summer youth classes. See attached flyer for more information, or check out their website here.
Faribault Golf Course: Kitchen Workers
Faribault Golf Course is seeking 3 part-time line cooks (1-2+ years’ experience) to start the golf season. Pay depends on experience and availability. Call or send resumes to Chef Patty LeBeau at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-701-7190.
Vector Marketing Jobs for Class of 2021
Vector has Customer Sales and Service positions available this summer for seniors. Jobs are flexible full or part time positions. Work from home, $18/hour. For more information or to schedule an interview, please apply online at: www.burnsvillework.com.
|<< Previous post||Next post >>|