"But Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him,"
Jeremiah 17:7 (Bible verse of the year chosen by Peer Ministry)
November 5, 2021
Dear BA Families:
All Saints Mass began our week. During this first week of November we gathered on Monday for "All Saints Mass" hosted by Divine Mercy Catholic School's 4th grade class. What a beautiful way to begin our week and reflect on the lives of the Saints! Our Spanish classes also created a Dia de Los Muertos Altar in memory of those we love.
Although our football team is not continuing in sections, they have much to be proud of in their accomplishments this year. I am very proud of these young men for their commitment and their prowess. Please congratulate them when you see them cheering on the girls in volleyball! Our volleyball team continues on to fight for a chance to represent BA at State. Please plan to join us in cheering them on as they compete tomorrow (Saturday, Nov 6) at 10am in Rochester!
Our "Traditions" publication is out! Watch for yours in the mail if you are alumni or stop in to pick one up. Special thanks to Kari Tobin for her layout styling and Brent Zabel and Jason Hillesheim for their photography skills. Thanks to Mellanie Smith and Kris Sauer for assisting in writing the articles.
Facemasks Required Next Week, Nov 8-12
I’m sorry to report that we have had 5 positive COVID cases, as of now, just this week alone. We suspect this is a result of all of the gatherings and events over Halloween weekend. Thankfully so far no one is hospitalized, but with volleyball playoffs and potential greater spread at school, we are asking all students/staff to wear masks next week to see if we can stop the spread.This will also help ensure that our volleyball team members can play in competitions potentially this next week. Thank you for your cooperation.
UPDATES ON FUNDRAISERS:
- BA BASH Raffle 2021: Get your raffle tickets - great stocking stuffers! Prizes are $2021, $1021 and $521. Please get your ticket order form HERE. Drawing held December 31, 2021.
- Divine Mercy Build Project - United for Our Future: Please prayerfully consider a gift, the stronger DMCS is, the stronger BA will be! Click HERE to learn more.
- Student Sales: Prom students are selling Randy's Meats' Products today through November 19. Get your orders in, information below!
- Annual Fund: To date we have raised: $64,800 with a match of $50,000! Thank you! Our goal this year is $255,000, which is critical to supporting teacher/staff salaries, supplies, books, student programs, and building and maintenance needs. Please consider a donation: Donate Online (click)
COVID SAFETY PROTOCOLS: As of 10/29/21 we have had 14 total COVID positive cases for the year. At this time we have five active cases/three families.
KUDOS: Thank you to Emily Shimota, Noah Battles, sacristans, eucharistic ministers and our altar servers for assisting with the joint All Saints Mass.
UPCOMING EVENTS: Additional activities and sporting events online.
- Nov. 5: Veteran's Day student poem deadline (see below)
- Nov. 9: HS Synod small group at DMCC - see info below
- Nov 10: Student of the Month Ceremony, 7:30am, BA Cafeteria
- Nov. 11: Veteran's Day program! Calling all Veterans, please arrive by 8:15 for a short program at 8:30 a.m.
- Nov. 16: Letter jacket orders 7:30-8:30am-see below for more info
- Nov. 18: BA Open House Info HERE; Registration HERE
- Nov 18: Paradise Student Gallery opening reception, 5-7pm
- Nov. 19: Band Trip to U of MN Indoor Concert
- Nov 22: Dress Down Day-Rome Trip Fundraiser
- Nov 23: Grandparents Day, 1pm (Updated from earlier calendars)
- Nov 24-26: Thanksgiving Break (Updated from earlier calendars)
- Find our event school calendar on our website HERE
ALL BA UPDATES
Socktober - Thank you!
Thanks to the BA community, the Student Service Club collected 636 pairs of new socks! Club officers will be taking them to St. Vincent de Paul next week.
8th Grade Wolf Ridge Trip Fundraiser-Deadline Nov 5
We are having our annual Tastefully Simple fundraiser sale with 100% of the profits helping to defray the bus cost for the February eighth grade Wolf Ridge trip. The deadline to order is TODAY, November 5th. Product information can be found at www.tastefullysimple.com and orders can be made through Kris Shuda, a BA past parent who is generously donating the profits of her sales. Orders will be delivered directly to each customer’s door via UPS. Please direct any questions to Julie Smisek, 8th grade advisor, at email@example.com or Kris Shuda at the link above. Eighth graders and their families thank you for your support!
Veteran's Day Student Poetry Contest: Deadline Nov 5
SADD is sponsoring a poetry contest for Veteran's Day. Find a flier with more information HERE. The topic for the poem or tribute speech is Veteran’s Day or Patriotism. All students in grades 6-12 are eligible, the minimum is 10 lines. Email entries TODAY to Mrs. Donlon.
Letter Jackets-Nov 16
Meca Sportswear will be at Bethlehem Academy on Tuesday, November 16 from 7:30am to 8:30am for letter jacket orders. Students that have lettered in a varsity activity or expect to letter this year are invited to order a letter jacket. More information attached.
Junior Class Randy's Meats Fundraiser
11th graders are taking Randy’s Meats orders for pizza, soups, meats, cookies, desserts and an assortment of Christmas decorations and gifts. All proceeds go to Prom 2022; order deadline is Friday, November 19. If the class raises $6000, junior Riley Langenfeld will shave his head!
CSCOE PARENT SESSION: "Technology, Social Media, Screen Time and Parenting" November 22 at 7 p.m. with Dr. Jules Nolan
The use of social media and technology is one of the most popular areas of concern for parents of children and adolescents. How much is too much? How do we keep our kids safe online? What about the constant social comparisons? This session will focus on the latest research on use of social media and technology. It will also help us understand the relationship between brain development and what drives the need to feel connected online, as well as those areas of big concern like pornography and algorithms that target adolescent vulnerabilities. Parenting tips will be offered. Click HERE to register.
Grandparents' Day-Nov 23, 1pm
We will be holding our annual Grandparents' Day on Tuesday, November 23 at 1:00pm in Van Orsow Auditorium. We hope many of our students' grandparents can join us. Proxy grandparents are also welcome. More information to follow.
Holiday Scrip Now Available! Click HERE for a flyer with more information.
Open House/Shadow Days/New Student Application Information
Invite an interested family to learn more about BA! Our fall open house is Thurs, Nov 18 starting at 6pm. Pre-registration encouraged (sign up HERE); walk-ins welcome. Invite a student interested in BA to join your scholar for the day! Student shadow days now available weekly. Invite a friend to register for a shadow day HERE. Family tours are offered M-F from 9am-4:30pm. Click HERE to sign up. New student online applications for the 2022-2023 school year are now open! You are our greatest resource in bringing great new students to BA! Please contact Kris Sauer If you are interested in hosting a informational meeting in your home for prospective students and their families. Watch Facebook and our website (News and Enrollment tabs) for more information.
HIGH SCHOOL INFORMATION
Attention Senior Parents!
Mark your calendars for the following important dates:
- Monday, November 15 - 4:00 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the FHS Library
Don't know where to start with the FAFSA? Come and complete the FAFSA with help from financial aid officers from surrounding colleges. The experts will be on hand to help navigate the form and answer all questions that you may have.
DIVINE MERCY CATHOLIC CHURCH
High Schoolers: The Synod Process Needs Your Voice!
It’s not too late to join a Synod small group, and share your perspectives with our parish and the Archdiocese! Parents, we need your voice as well! Sign up on the DMCC website HERE. Upcoming meetings are as follows, more information in the attached flyer:
- November 9: Youth Ministry and Young Adult Ministry
BA EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Bethlehem Academy is Hiring!
We are looking for a Development and Marketing Assistant and a Maintenance Team Member. Click HERE for more information and how to apply. We also have coaching openings in track and field and fast pitch softball and are looking for people to officiate junior high basketball games. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
Free Meals for Students
Community dinners are offered Monday-Thursday, 4:30-5:30pm at Jefferson Elementary School (922 Home Place). Kids eat free; adult meals are $3.50. More information in English and Spanish HERE.
Area Seniors Need Yard Help!
The following senior citizens in Faribault need help with yard work this fall. Find the list below, and contact Jessica Thornton (Program Coordinator, Senior Independence at Family Service Rochester) at email@example.com or 507-287-2010 ext 1033 if you can help.
- Tom B - 526 Little Ford Lane, Faribault: Clean gutters
- Donna D - 620 8th St SW, Faribault: raking and window washing. Windows are older, need to be taken apart. Client will instruct and provide supplies.
- John H - 111 2nd St SW, Faribault: needs someone to move items in garage and help arrange things, has supplies
- Gloria O - 830 Rogers Row, Faribault: fall clean up. Raking, cleaning up year, hauling bags of leaves, etc to the landfill, has supplies
- Donna S - 422 Shumway Ave, Faribault: general yard clean up, raking
Click the link below for the calendar.
|<< Previous post||Next post >>|