August 28, 2020
Dear BA Families:
Orientation day is Monday! Watch this video to learn more. Staff at BA have had an incredibly packed workshop week in final preparation and training to welcome students home. For all students joining us in-person, please arrive on Monday between 8:45-9 a.m. Students will need to do their well check at home. Do not come to school with a fever or any symptoms, see the link below. Once students arrive, they will report directly to their homeroom. Online only students will be sent the orientation presentation and videos by noon on Monday.
DON’T FORGET FOR ORIENTATION MONDAY:
- Bring a pen or pencil to fill out paperwork in your homeroom class during orientation.
- Take a picture of your car license plate if you want to park at school.
- Do your home screening and wear your mask! Health Screening/Symptoms List
- Every student and parent/guardian MUST submit the Student Handbook and Technology e-form found at this link: https://forms.gle/ERSwhn9ynekfCTQC7.
PARENT DROP OFF TABLE: In an effort to mitigate exposure, if you are dropping off items during the school day, we will have a table for you to place these items outside of the school office. Please be sure to label all items, checks or forms dropped off at the table.
Additional communication and upcoming events:
WELCOME WEEK! Special events planned for each day while honoring social distancing.
- August 31: StudentOrientation Day - 6-12th Grade (9-11:30 a.m.) - Students will meet only in homerooms-online students will connect virtually. HEALTH CHECK AT HOME! Please take your student(s) temperature and check for symptoms found here: Health Screening/Symptoms List
- September 1: First day of school, doors unlocked at 7:30 a.m. HEALTH CHECK AT HOME! Please take your student(s) temperature and check for symptoms found here: Health Screening/Symptoms List
- September 2: High School Orientation & Blessing for 9th Grade Students and Parents - 6:00-7:00 p.m. Remember to please do your home screening before arriving. Health Screening/Symptoms List
- September 4: School IS in session this Friday before the Labor Dayweekend
- September 4: Mass Day, High School hosts; Commissioning of President Reeder
- September 7:No School, Labor Day
- September 9: Greenhouse Dedication/Christening, 3:30pm
- September 9: 6th Grade & New MS Family Orientation, 6pm
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING NEW?
- SUBS: Join the BA Team as a substitute teacher. We love our subs and will be looking to add to our team. Please email Lisa Moon to get your substitute packet completed. Requirements: Must have a college degree, pass our background check, and attend Virtus training.
- VAN DRIVER: We are looking for a BA Van driver for a new Owatonna route. If interested, please contact Kris Sauer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We ask for your continued prayer for our school staff, students and families as we begin our year back on campus.
Mindy Reeder, President/Principal
Welcome New Staff!
We are so excited to have the following new staff join us at BA this year: Ms. Casi Story, Ag/Industrial Arts Teacher; Ms. Emily Shimota, High School Theology Teacher; and Ms. Tori Rogers, Guidance Counselor. See the attache for more information and a welcome message from each.
9th Grade Families: High School Orientation September 2!*
Incoming freshmen and parents - we are hosting a mandatory High School Orientation for all incoming 9th graders and their parents next Wednesday, September 2 from 6-7pm. We ask that you wear a mask, pre-screen for symptoms, and use Entrance C (by the visitor parking spots) to enter. Parents will meet in the gym; students will gather in the BA cafeteria. New to BA or a returning family, please join us as we discuss ways to partner and support each other as your student starts their high school journey. **The parent portion of this event will be live streamed and recorded. Watch for a link next week.
6th Grader & New Middle School Families: Orientation September 9
All 6th graders and families new to BA’s Middle School are asked to join us for an orientation meeting on Wednesday, September 9. The meeting will be held via Zoom starting at 6pm and will focus on welcoming you to BA and providing tips and information to set your student up for success in middle school.
Robotics Program Update
Due to COVID-19, we are putting Robotics for both middle and high school teams on hold until the end of September, at which point a decision will be made to either extend or relax that hold. Because competitions are not likely to happen this year, we will be doing Robotics only as an internal activity without offsite competition. Also, because we are not competing, Robotics won't be charging a fee for the 2020-2021 season. Mr. Robinson is very excited to start up the Robotics program once it is safe and responsible to meet. All students, grades 6-12 can join. If you are interested in participating, please contact email@example.com.
HS Math Students: TI Calculators
The high school math department has a limited number of TI calculators available for students to rent for the year. Please contact Mrs. Jandro if you are interested in this program.
Wanted: Face Masks & Sanitizer!
We are developing a parent wish list for COVID-19 related items. At this time, we are asking anyone who has the time/interest/supplies to please make and donate cloth face masks. While we have a supply of disposable facemasks on hand, and will provide a Cardinal facemask for every student and staff, we know we will need extra masks as the year progresses. Completed masks can be dropped off at the BA Office during regular business hours. In addition, we anticipate going through a lot of hand sanitizer, donations being accepted. Thank you!
From the Nurse’s Office
- Health Conditions: Due to screening for COVID, please be sure the school nurse, Mary Herzog, is aware of any existing health conditions for your child, including allergies, asthma, diabetes or other diagnosed conditions.
- Students entering 7th grade this fall: Please make sure that you have had your tetanus booster and 1st meningitis shot before the start of school in the fall. Reminder letters will be sent out.
- Students entering12th grade this fall:The meningitis booster requirements for this fall has been postponed because of Covid 19. Many have already had their booster shot. If you are seeing your doctor for any reason, you can still have this immunization but it is not necessary before the start of school in fall.
If you shop at Amazon, consider ordering through Amazon Smiles and raise money for Bethlehem Academy! Go to smile.amazon.com, choose Faribault B A Inc. as your non-profit organization (include a space between the B and the A), and start shopping. BA automatically gets a donation for every purchase you make. It works with Amazon Prime and you can use Scrip to pay for your purchases.
HIGH SCHOOL UPDATES/JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Hometown Credit Union: Part-Time Teller Wanted
Hometown Credit Union is looking to hire a high-school student for a part-time teller opening in our Faribault office. The ideal candidate would be a sophomore or junior that is not involved in after-school extracurriculars. They would work most days after school until 6 and some Saturday mornings. Please contact Kurt Halverson at 507-455-6726 or KHalverson@hometowncu.coop if interested.
DMCS After Program Care Assistant
Divine Mercy Catholic School is looking for a 10th-12th grade student who is willing to work in our After Care program Monday-Friday 3:00-5:30 pm. Must enjoy younger children and be reliable. This is a paid position. Please send a letter of interest to Gina Ashley at Divine Mercy Catholic School (firstname.lastname@example.org).
DIVINE MERCY CATHOLIC CHURCH UPDATES
Fall Faith Formation Registration is OPEN!
BA students that would like to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation need to sign up for Divine Mercy’s Confirmation program in order to meet the requirements. Divine Mercy’s confirmation program consists of a combination of large group presentations, small group discussion, service in our parish, and hands-on experiences with our Catholic faith. Confirmation is about taking the knowledge the students have learned, moving that information to the heart, and learning how to nurture a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Community is an essential part of our faith and we grow in relationship through each other. This is why we bring all the students together, regardless of where they are enrolled in school, to meet the requirements of confirmation. Confirmation is for students in 8th grade and older. Students who have already been confirmed are always welcome to join us as student leaders. Registration is required but there is no cost.
Middle School Edge/High School Youth Group
Middle School EDGE & High School Youth Group is open to all BA families. This is another great opportunity for your students to gather with others that want to grow in their faith and to enhance what they are learning in the classroom. Registration is required for both.
Visit www.divinemercy.cc/faith-formation for more information, class schedules and registration link.
SpiritFest September 19!
|<< Previous post||Next post >>|