Student Symptom and School Attendance Information
***UPDATED December 4, 2020***
Daily At-Home Screening for COVID-19 Symptoms
See the decision tree from the MN Department of Health below for more information:
- Keep your student and any siblings at home.
- Parent/Guardian should call or email the attendance line: 507-334-3948, x302 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide details of the symptoms so staff can follow up as needed, including whether your student is prone to seasonal allergies.
- If a COVID test is needed, find area testing sites, hours, and contact information here.
- Student will be marked sick for attendance.
- At this point, there is no expectation that a student will check in or engage in their classes via distance learning if absent.
- However, as they did last year, your scholar should check PowerSchool for missed assignment information. Faculty update class pages daily. Again, there is NO expectation that a student check in or study via distance learning at this point if they are out sick.
- A student will NOT transition to formal distance learning at BA unless an extended illness or quarantine warrants this transition.
- BA staff will work with each family to determine if a transition to formal distance learning is needed and will inform appropriate faculty of the transition.
- Parents should coordinate with Front Office staff (507-334-3948) for pick up of books and materials.
- Students are encouraged to contact their teachers with any questions if they are out sick for any length of time.