Category : June 2022
"But Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him." Jeremiah 17:7 (Bible verse of the year chosen by Peer Ministry)
June 3, 2022
Dear BA Families:
Congratulations to our Graduates! We send our Class of 2022 graduates off with prayers and blessings. They are now a part of the Bethlehem Academy legacy and we look forward to hearing from them in the future as they pursue their dreams.
We will be busy this summer planning for the next school year. Our school office is open Monday through Thursday 9-1 p.m. Come in if you need to drop something off, order more Cardinal raffle tickets, or come in and talk with us. We're excited to expand our programs and courses and welcome new staff! Please see our first introduction, below, of our new BA Band Director.
BA SEEKS BOARD MEMBERS: Would you like to be a part of our Board? Please consider supporting our school through Board leadership. The application link is here: (Application for Board)
MASS DRESS CODE: As part of our plan for improvement, we thank you for your specific feedback on the dress code and Mass dress. We will be moving forward with a simpler Mass dress code, BA polos and dress slacks or khakis. All scholars will be provided a BA shirt for our first year roll out. The student council will help select the shirt style.
HANDBOOK UPDATES: In addition, as part of our Strategic Plan our handbook is reviewed annually. Updates to the handbook will be completed over the summer and shared with students during Orientation and Back-to-School week. It will be available online in August as well.
BA SUMMER EVENTS-Please join us!
(click on the links for more information)
- BA Summer Sports & Robotics Camps
- DMCS Scholarship Night, June 10
- Heritage Days Parade, June 18, 6:15pm: Student volunteers needed! Get an early start on your service hours. Email Kris Sauer to sign up.
- BA's Cardinal Cafe @ the Rice County Fair, July 20-24: Earn service hours: parent & student volunteers needed!
- BA's SMART Ride for Catholic Education, July 28-30: Ride a single day or camp & rider for up to 3 or support a rider
- Cardinal Golf Classic @ The Legacy, Aug 5, 12 noon: great sponsorship opportunities and/or register to golf
Get ready for 2022-2023 (click link for info)
- Summer Office Hours: stop by to pick up lost & found items, including glasses, a full set of retainers, jewelry, hoodies, and water bottles.
- Summer Reading Assignments
- 2022-23 BA SCHOOL CALENDAR (Link)
- School Supply List 2022-2023
Continue to pray over the summer for our new teachers, safety of scholars, and prayers for Ukraine and all of those suffering from violence and loss. Please continue to join us during the month of May in saying a Hail Mary or the Rosary as we celebrate Mary.
Blessings, Mindy Reeder - President/Principal
All BA UPDATES
Welcome to our new band director!
Hello BA! My name is Brad Lorence and I will be the band director at BA this fall. I am super excited. I graduated from the University of Northern Iowa in December of 2021 with my degree in Instrumental Music Education. I enjoy being outdoors, particularly playing golf, going on hikes, and watching various sporting events. I am also a big fan of road trips and beautiful, historic Catholic churches. Mbeannaí Dia thú!
MIDDLE SCHOOL INFORMATION
Click HERE to register!
DIVINE MERCY CATHOLIC SCHOOL AND CHURCH
Registration for the Steubenville Youth Conference is now open! Open to grades 8 (going into 9th next year) and up. July 29-31 at the University of St. Thomas. Cost is $275 per person, $100 deposit to hold your spot. Register online HERE. Find the conference video teaser HERE.
Summer Youth Formation Programs! Summer Stretch and Totus Tuus registration is open! There is a program for everyone, grades 1-12! Teen leaders also needed. Find more information and register online HERE.