"But Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him,"
Jeremiah 17:7 (Bible verse of the year chosen by Peer Ministry)
January 14, 2022
Dear BA Families:
Special Prayers for the long weekend (No school Monday and Tuesday)! Please join me in prayers for students, staff, families and our community as we continue to battle illness and absences in school and work due to COVID. Thank you for your partnership throughout this time period. At this point, we do not anticipate moving to online learning next week as most of our scholars who are out on quarantine will return on January 19. See the COVID update below and on our website, updated weekly.
9 Days for Life: This next week we are praying with thousands of Catholics across the country as part of the bishops' pro-life novena, 9 Days for Life: Wednesday, January 19 - Thursday, January 27, 2022. After Mass on Wednesday, January 19 we will have special prayers and exposition. All students will have time in Adoration and families are encouraged to join us in the Adoration Chapel.
CONGRATULATIONS! Our BA & DMCS Robotics team and Spelling Bee participants shined this past week. What a joy to see their excitement and efforts as they pursue excellence in their academics - the pillar of study. Special congratulations to our Robotics Teams that will be going on to compete at State. Two of our Spelling Bee participants will compete at Regionals in Rochester as well, congratulations to Owen Dotterweich '27 and Megan Cina '27.
Tuition approved and registration out for 2022-23: Please review the separate letter and email sent regarding tuition, registration and financial aid and scholarships. Reach out with any question! Our school is growing; early registration and scholarship applications encouraged.
COVID Updates: MASKS REQUIRED due to the high rates in our County and State and increased numbers in the BA community. We will re-evaluate this next week, but know that numbers are not decreasing in our community or at BA at this time. This week BA had nine scholars with positive COVID cases and 16 students in quarantine. Since the start of the school year we have had 50 COVID positive student cases and 9 staff test positive. Visit our COVID webpage for all the updated information. Find COVID testing sites HERE; one free at-home testing box available for each BA student. Stop in the front office to pick one up.
Quarantine update with approval from MDE & the Archdiocese:
- COVID Positive - Isolate for 5 days, return with a negative test on the 6th day. Must wear a mask for 5 additional days (school may be requiring masks regardless.) Without test may return after 7 days on the 8th day.
- COVID in household - Quarantine for 5 days, return with a negative test on the 6th day. Must wear a mask for 5 additional days (school may be requiring masks regardless.) *Typically in the same household we have found most of the family does get COVID so it is best to quarantine the family.
- The Minnesota State High School League still requires 10 days before participating in athletics.
UPDATES ON FUNDRAISERS:
- BABS: Our BIGGEST event of the year, Bethlehem Academy Backers and Supporters (BABS) event is Saturday, April 9. This is great night out in support of BA! Food, games, and a live and silent auction are part of the fun. Our Fund-A-Need goal this year is to raise $75,000 for an additional BA student van. Please plan to attend! Volunteers and auction items also needed. Contact Teresa, our new Development & Marketing Assistant at email@example.com
- Divine Mercy Build Project - United for Our Future: Please prayerfully consider a gift. The stronger DMCS is, the stronger BA will be! Click HERE to learn more. To date they are over $6 million!
- Annual Fund: To date we have raised: $242,800. We are over 98% of the way to our goal of $255,000! If you haven't given, yet, please consider a gift through June 2022: Donate Online (click)
KUDOS: To our basketball coaches and athletes, as well as our coop athletes. Your dedication to your sport and hard work is admirable and I love watching your energy on the court and as you compete. KEEP IT UP!UPCOMING EVENTS: Additional activities and sporting events online.
- Jan. 16: Morristown Prom Pancake Breakfast @ American Legion, 8:30am-12:30pm
- Jan 17-18: NO SCHOOL, MLK & Teacher Workshop Day
- Jan 19: Campus Ministry Dress Down Day, proceeds to Pregnancy Options
- Jan 24-28, SnoBall Week: See below for dress down theme days
- Jan 28: Youth Basketball/Future Cardinal Night @ boys basketball game; sign up HERE.
- Jan 29: SnoBall (Gr 9-12 semi-formal girl-ask-boy dance) + Post-Prom SnoBash event; see more info in high school section below.
- Jan 30: Catholic Schools Week, BA Mass @ DMCC, 10am
- Jan 31: Enrollment & Financial Aid Registration Assistance Night @ BA, 4:30-6:30pm
- Jan 30-Feb 6: Catholic Schools Week, week-long food drive + other activities to be announced
- Feb 3: Student of the Month, 7:30am, Cafeteria
- Feb 7: Post-Prom Dining Night Out @ Taco John's
- Feb 13: Winter Open House; pre-register HERE
- Find our event school calendar on our website HERE
ALL BA UPDATES
Campus Ministry Pregnancy Options Drive Jan 19-21: Students in Campus Ministry are collecting diapers, wipes, bottles and blankets for Pregnancy Options next week. Find donation boxes by the front office and in Ms. Shimota's room. They are also hosting a Pregnancy Options Dress Down Day ($1 dress down, $2 hats or leggings) on Friday, Jan 21.
SnoBall Week Dress Down Days, Jan 24-28: The Senior Class has chosen the following dress down themes for SnoBall Week: Mon, Jan 24-Pajama Day; Tues, Jan 25-Beach Day; Wed, Jan 26-Dress Your Best (Mass) Day; Thurs, Jan 27-Jersey Day; Fri, Jan 28, Color Day: Gr 6-red; Gr 7-yellow; Gr 8-green; Gr 9-purple; Gr 10-orange; Gr 11-pink; Gr 12-blue. We will have SnoBall Court assembly Fri, Jan 28 starting at 1pm. See HS section below for SnoBall Dance information.
2022-2023 Re-enrollment & Financial Aid: Re-enrollment emails for returning 2022-23 scholars have been sent via FACTS. Find full instruction for setting up your Family Portal HERE. Financial aid applications are now available for 2022-2023. Apply via TADS at this link & click on Financial Aid Assessment to get started. Application deadline is February 22 to be considered for all available scholarships.
Enrollment and Financial Aid Registration Assistance Night Jan 31: Having trouble logging in to FACTS? Need help filling out your enrollment or TADS financial aid form? We are here to help! Bring your passwords and financial documents to BA Monday, January 30 from 4:30-6:30pm. We will have staff on hand in the front lobby to work with you.
Host Family Needed! We are seeking a host family for Yerim, 7th gr Catholic girl from South Korea, who wishes to join us at BA this school year. Stipends provided, tuition/fees/expenses paid by the family. Contact Kris Sauer or Haewon at KoAm (720-339-7710 and/or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org) if interested.
Mental Health Resources: We know that at this time we are seeing an increase in the mental health needs of our scholars. Here is a link to Rice County resources.
Online School Store @ Star Sports & Apparel! BA has opened at school store at Star Sports and Apparel. Orders are filled as they are placed, so purchase your BA gear any time! Click HERE to for all the great options!
January 28 Youth Basketball Night: Youth basketball teams, prospective Cardinals, DMCS families all invited to join us! Sign up HERE.
Home Basketball Game Help Needed: Many volunteers are needed to help at home basketball games this winter. Please consider sharing your time and talent in support of our student activities!
HIGH SCHOOL INFORMATION
SnoBall Dance Info: The Jan 29 SnoBall is a girl-ask-boy (Sadie Hawkins) semi-formal dance for students in grades 9-12. Typically, the girls purchase a tie for their date that matches their dress. The girls arrange for a bouquet and boutonniere with a local florist that the boy picks up and pays for the day of the dance. Boys wear a dress shirt (most choose black), tie and nice pants; girls wear semi-formal dresses. Couples usually go out to dinner with a group of friends prior to the Grand March. Parents and guests gather in the gym at 8pm for the Grand March, where participating couples are introduced and the SnoBall Queen is crowned. Usually, the Mother-Son/Father-Daughter dance follows coronation, then parents and guests depart and the dance begins.
SnoBash, Jan 29: Junior parents are hosting SnoBash at the Elks Lodge in Faribault Saturday, Jan 29, from 9-11:30pm. To purchase advance tickets, please place payment in an envelope ($20/ticket) and drop in the designated basket in the BA office. On the envelope, please identify the number of tickets, names and an email address for confirmation. The post prom committee will collect from the office, send confirmations, and have a list of pre-paid individuals at the door the night of SnoBash.
MIDDLE SCHOOL INFORMATIONAim Higher Foundation K-8 Scholarships: Every year, students at Bethlehem Academy (Faribault, MN) receive tuition assistance scholarships from the Aim Higher Foundation. We would like to thank the many donors and friends who help make our great school accessible to all families! Learn more HERE. Apply via the TADS financial aid application HERE and click on Financial Aid Assessment.
DIVINE MERCY CATHOLIC SCHOOL AND CHURCH
BA EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Part-time Positions @ Bethlehem Academy
We have coaching openings in track and field and fast pitch softball. Please email email@example.com if interested.
River Bend Nature Center Internships: River Bend Nature Center is taking applications for two internship positions - one this spring (March to May) and this summer (June-July). Applicants must be 18 or older to apply. Click HERE for the spring internship (applications due Jan 21) and HERE for the summer internship (applications due Feb 18).
Equipped for Life Event: On February 5, the Archdiocese and the Minnesota Catholic Conference are sponsoring Equipped for Life: A Fresh Approach to Conversations About Abortion at the University of St. Thomas. The day will equip attendees with practical tools and the confidence to engage pro-choice advocates who defend abortion with arguments based in difficult circumstances, biology, personhood, or bodily autonomy. To learn more and register, please visit: https://www.mncatholic.org/equippedforlife.
Community dinners are offered Monday-Thursday, 4:30-5:30pm at Jefferson Elementary School (922 Home Place). Kids eat free; adult meals are $3.50. More information in English and Spanish HERE.
Click the link below for the calendar.
|<< Previous post||Next post >>|