The Minnesota State High School League (MSHSL) fall practice season for football and volleyball begins Monday, September 14, and runs for three weeks.
All Bethlehem Academy students must have Annual Eligibility Statement and Health Questionnaire. This item needs to be completed once each school year. Please complete if your child will be participating in football, volleyball, basketball, baseball, softball, golf or track & field. Note that the form needs to be completed for each student-athlete. Find the online form and other information here.
Statement below from the MSHSL:
As these and other athletic activities take place, we want to inform you of the risks involved with interscholastic athletics activities. We will take every precaution we can to minimize the risk of injury or the transmission of disease. Yet, it is not possible for us to eliminate all risks of participation. We cannot guarantee that participants will not be exposed to COVID-19 or other diseases.
Please note the attached notice from the MSHSL, also quoted below.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
In accordance with governmental directives, the MSHSL will offer certain activities subject to compliance with local, state, and federal laws, regulations, and guidelines. The Minnesota Department of Health, Minnesota Department of Education and the MSHSL have developed guidance and requirements related to youth sports, use of school facilities and modifications of MSHSL activities designed to keep participants safe and reduce the spread of COVID-19. Even with these measures, the MSHSL cannot guarantee that students or other individuals participating in organized athletic activities (“Participants”) will not be exposed to COVID-19. Participants and their parents/legal guardians should consider the risks before participating in any MSHSL activities. It is a shared responsibility to protect everyone from COVID-19 and Participants should follow MDH/CDC guidelines to reduce the risk of exposure, including but not limited to the following:
- Stay home as much as possible;
- Stay at least 6 feet from other people if you are in public places;
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick;
- Wash your hands often, with soap and water. Wash for at least 20 seconds;
- Always wash your hands after being in a public place;
- Always wash your hands after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing;
- If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol;
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue. Throw used
- tissues in the trash;
- Wear face coverings/masks that cover your nose and mouth and fit snugly against the sides of your face.
In recognizing the serious nature of the COVID-19 pandemic and the positive impact that participation in MSHSL fine arts activities and athletics has on student participants, it is imperative that students and families know and understand the following:
- Participating in MSHSL activities is voluntary.
- While participating in MSHSL activities, all laws as well as MSHSL and school rules, guidelines, and protocols related to COVID-19 must be followed.
- Participant acknowledges the contagious nature of COVID-19, and the Participant understands that there is risk of injury and/or illness from participating in MSHSL activities, including the risk to have direct or indirect contact with individuals who have been exposed to and/or diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Participant agrees that if he/she is exposed to, or infected by, COVID-19 during the period of participation, they will immediately cease participation and follow Minnesota Department of Health protocols for schools and activities and MSHSL guidelines for notification and return to participation.
- Participant has signed a separate Eligibility Statement connected to general participation in MSHSL athletics/activities and agrees that the terms of that statement are wholly incorporated into this document and that the terms of this document are incorporated into the Eligibility Statement.
Additional information regarding Activity Participation and COVID can be found at: