What is self care?
Self care is any activity we do deliberately in order to take care of our mental, emotional, and physical health.
Engaging in self care should refuel you, not drain you. For example; for some people, going for a run is self-care. For others, going on a run is a punishment. One person's punishment can be another's self-care.
Connecting with friends during a pandemic
- Spend time outside and masked
- Go sledding
- Go for a hike
- Go for a walk
- Cross country skiing
- Snow fort making
- Hot chocolate drinking
- Zoom hangouts
- Because you don't get enough of these when we are online learning, set up a zoom date with your friends!
- Zoom/Google hangout scavenger hunt party
- Put together a scavenger hunt with friends where you have to run around your house looking for different items and whoever gets all of the items into the screen first wins!
- FaceTime/Video Chat
- Because then you can walk around your house and pretend you are hanging out together
- Netflix watch party
- If one of your friends has Netflix, you can set up a free watch party with friends--this is only through the chrome browser. Then you can all watch the movie together virtually!
- Video games
- Connect with your friends via online video gaming
- Virtual board games
- Zoom Book Club
Finding your style of self care can be challenging. Remember the most important part of self care is that it leaves you feeling refueled.
<----These are some simple ways you can take a break
This worksheet can help you organize how to balance your areas of self-care, and find new ways of caring for yourself!